The king summoned the old miller's daughter...

Rumpelstiltskin

Chapter Six

The king summoned the old miller’s daughter

In a room where her destiny awaits…

~ 0 ~

Selena’s light brown brows furrowed when she felt her heart clench all of the sudden. She placed her hand on her left chest lightly feeling the loud beating of her heart. There was this unexplainable pain in her chest. She moistened her suddenly dried lips and stood from her seat. She stood by the tall open window and let her worry-filled eyes wander around that vast kingdom.

The night sky seemed like a navy blue cloth embedded with expensive glimmering silver jewelry. The full moon, along with the stars, lit up almost every part its light can reach. She was alone in her new chamber. The prince would’ve preferred to stay by her side ‘til his brother’s there, however, he’s got his own tasks to do.

Her thoughts were disrupted by the loud knocking on the door. She immediately spun around as the door opened. Tick was there with a nice crib. A smile landed on his lips. ''Selena, ''

Tick took Selena to another chamber in which Nick was. Selena’s lips cracked to a broad smile as she rushed towards the crib. She was on her knees. The adorable sleeping form of her baby brother came in sight. Nick was cuddling with a small white pillow in his small arms. His plump rosy cheeks made him even more adorable. His small chest heaved up and down breathing heavily. She watched him sleep lovingly gently stroking his brother’s cheeks.

''The guards found him alone in your house, old Hector weren’t there. '' Tick suddenly stated. Selena raised her head to look at her chum. Her light brows knitted together to a slight frown.

Selena kept her silence. Where could’ve their father gone at? He’d probably gone at a local tavern and drowned himself in rum and whisky alongside his drunkard fellows all merry and sozzled.

Everyone was unaware that the old miller’s dead and crumbling body has been lying on the moist grassy forest ground for hours now. His pale gray and black hair was sticking out then and there with slight moist from the wet grass in which his limp head lay on. His pale gray eyes were wide open filled with unexplainable fear. His rough skin was pale as if all the life was thoroughly drained out of him. His mouth wide open as well and wide enough to see the decomposition occurring inside his body.

Sadistic gleaming blood red eyes stared proudly at his masterpiece. He loved striking fear in people’s heart, his heartlessly brutal ways of torturing them until they beg him to just take away their lives. With the snap of his fingers, he can change lives, turn the poor from rags to riches. However, many are not aware of the consequences of the deals and bargains they make with him. Trickery. Cunningness. Fraudulence. Those were his specialties.

His glistening ruby orbs stared at the corpse lying in front of him without any mercy, sympathy or regrets in his barbaric eyes. He’s gotten what he wished for; the rest would be in his other tool’s hands. The old miller was of no more assistance to him, thus, giving him more reason to end the pathetic man’s life.

Merrily I’ll dance and sing. His smooth baritone voice filled the gloomy forest. For the next day will a stranger bring, his melodious voice seemed like music to all the creatures in the shadow of the darkness conquering the moment. The gust of the wind seemed to be playing along with the rustling of the trees and the hooting of the owls in shadows.

Beware...Beware…

And with that, together with his music-like smooth voice, he vanished into the thin cold air leaving the dead corpse on the forest ground to be feasted upon by scavengers.