The poor girl did not know what was about to come her way...

Rumpelstiltskin

Chapter Three

The poor girl did not know what was about to come her way…

Selena woke up as early as she could. It was still dark and to her relief, her baby brother was still in deep sleep. The king wanted to meet her. Selena was worried and curious. What if her bastard of a father has finally decided to get rid of her and her brother? She was horrified by the thought of this, but she knew her father and he is very much capable of doing such evil.

She opened their mini wardrobe and searched for a decent dress to wear. It would be a shame to present her self in front of the king in such filthy clothes. Finally, with the most decent dress she could find in her hands, she headed to the river nearby their house. The water was clear with a touch of viridian in color. The waters were alluring, especially when it’s still dark.

Selena slid off her floral duster and let it crumple at her feet. The cold morning breeze gently caressed her exposed creamy white skin. Her body was tempting for anyone who would be blessed to see this view. She took a step towards the water and as soon as the cold freshwater touched her toes, a small smile crept upon her lips.

She buried herself in the cold water. She closed her eyes enjoying the amazing feel of the water on her bare skin. She loved bathing in the river especially at this time of the day. She began rubbing every inch of her luscious skin with a soft white fabric. Her hand reached the curve of her neck where her fingers felt the scar she’s gotten from her childhood adventure. It was a small scar with unbelievably resentful history she wouldn’t even dare to remember. She swallowed suddenly feeling guarded. Her eyes quickly went from left to right dumbly searching for a person she knew she wouldn’t find.

It took her a while before she finally got out of the water and wrapped a thick fabric around her body. She dried her moist body. Then, she slid on her desired dress. It was a strapless knee-length plum dress that showed off her bare shoulders. There was a white lace that hugged her narrow waist. Her beautiful golden blond hair lay gracefully on her bare shoulders. She wore a pair of white flats.

When Hector was finally awake. He bathed and wore something quite decent-an old black vest and a nice pair of pants. He didn’t look filthy and poor like he usually does. He didn’t even give his beautiful daughter a simple compliment. Maybe that’s why Selena couldn’t see how beautiful she is. She looked a lot like her mother, the same golden hair, unlike her father’s dark full hair and the same bright blue eyes while her father’s were pale gray. It was like everything about Hector screamed lifeless and miserable.