Out of the darkness came a man...

Rumpelstiltskin

Chapter Five

Out of the darkness came a man

Wherever he went he made sure that the sun won’t shine…

~ 0 ~

Selena’s cheeks burned as her diamond-shaped eyes widened slightly. Elliot stared at her obviously waiting for an answer as he raised his heavy dark brows. Her lips parted as her eyes looked here and there trying to look for an answer she knew she couldn’t find.

''I-I-''

''Elliot? '' A familiar warm sweet feminine voice spoke almost startling the two. They both jerked their heads to see the queen looking at them with a slight confused look upon her façade. ''The king is expecting the two of you in the grand hall now. '' Queen Leta’s lips slowly curved up to a knowing smile.

Elliot dropped his hands to his side as he stood firmly smiling at his mother. Selena’s cheeks burned even more as she chewed the insides of her lip. Selena began walking forward as the prince followed her.

Queen Leta raised a brow at her son knowingly. She began walking alongside with Elliot keeping quite a distance from Selena. She leaned over slightly to him. ''And may I know what were the two of you doing a while ago? '' Her voice was filled with playfulness.

A small smirk landed on Elliot’s lips easily knowing what was on his mother’s mind. ''I was looking for you, mother. It was just my luck I found her in your room. '' His smooth deep voice spoke. ''You know, for once, I was glad I found her there and not you. '' He added mockingly earning the same teasing slap from the queen on his upper arm. He chuckled softly.

The queen held her chin up. ''And why were you looking for me, darling? ''

''To talk about her. '' Elliot kept his hazel eyes focused on Selena as she walked timidly yet full of grace which he admired fully. Queen Leta’s same hazel orbs glistened with enthusiasm.

''This is a surprise, Elliot. '' She declared. ''I always knew you were a lady’s man, but you’ve never talked to me regarding one. She’s that special, huh? ''