Chapter 16

Arnav got up from the bed somewhat feeling restless.

His body missed the warmth against him.

He groaned and looked around to find the room empty as usual.

She always went to kitchen before he woke up and almost slept before he came in night.

She didn't share his cupboard nor did she touch anything of his willingly.

There was nothing in his room that would show it was shared by two. His room remained same.

He could see that his Di and Nani liked her but she remained aloof even with them.

She mostly stayed away from him.

All the things above were the things he expected from her and should have welcomed it.

Yet, he couldn't help but feel restless, something always nagging his mind.

There's always something in his heart missing.

He hated going deep into his mind and feelings.

And to top it all, she's going to college today.

It was nothing worst anyways because she always stayed away from him.

What difference does it make if she went to college or home.?

He finished his morning duties and went to dining room to have breakfast which was very tasty nowadays.

Damn, She cooked well. He can give it to her that. She was an incredible cook.

While descending the steps he looked up only to be mesmerized by her.

He didn't notice his legs taking him to her.

She was serving something on the table. She turned around and looked at him.

He gulped the desire burning in him seeing her innocently staring up at him.

He didn't know what came over him.

He just went on with his instinct after very long time and pulled her flush against him in a hug, molding her soft body perfectly fitting against him.

It should be illegal to make him feel like this, he could hear his heartbeat racing ahead. 

He muttered aloud without knowing what would be the consequences of his action.

“You're beautiful. "

Khushi froze,

God...!

What was he doing to her..?

Why was he hugging her and that too this tightly.?

She could feel his breath on her neck, rising goosebumps all over her.

“Arnav ji...?"

What was he doing..?

What the hell was he doing...?

He didn't want to give wrong signal to her and make her think he had feelings for her or something and take advantage of him.

He lowered his head to her ear and said,

”Just an act, Di is watching. So just get along with it."

He lied knowing there was no Di around and strangely wanted her arms around him.

He didn't know how much those words crushed whatever little hope she had and how much it hurt to a girl whom no one ever bothered to show love or care.