Chapter 9 ~ A Little Help

I close my eyes as I wait for the impact, the pain and then the darkness. But it doesn't come.

I open my eyes to look at my captor just as a hand is placed on her wrist. She punches out and I hear a groan. She takes the advantage and runs for the door, dropping the blade.

"You'll see me again." She says, and then is through the door and gone. The blade stays on the floor for a mere second before it is picked up again and Castiel uses it to cut the ropes from my wrists and ankles.

As soon as I'm free I rush to stand, but my legs betray me, sending me towards the ground. Cas gets there at the last second, steadying me. His hands on my arms, my chest against his, feeling his heartbeat. It all reminds me of the night I came here: soft lips, bare skin, endless fire then terror.

He lifts me to my feet and backs away.

"Thanks." I tell him. Then I reach for his hand, taking the blade and rushing to Dean. I kneel beside him and cut him free. He stands slowly, cradling his bleeding arm. It's deep, so deep I'm surprised I don't see the bone.

"Cas, a little help here please." I say, turning away from Dean for only a second. He walks to us and touches Dean's arm lightly. That's all it takes, for the wound to close and the pain to melt form his face. I give him a quick kiss on the lips before turning to Sam. He's out pretty good. Cas touches his head and he wakes up groggily. I kneel in front of him and cut his bonds.

"What did I miss?" He asks. Just as I cut the last rope the door bursts open and six rather large demons storm through.

"Not all the action I guess." I tell Sam. They rush us and I take down the first one with a roundhouse kick to the jaw. To my side Dean uppercuts one with brown tousled hair, and Cas winds a blonde hard enough to take him down. Behind me Sam's getting beat by the largest of them all, a tank with a shiny bald head. I see an opening and take advantage.

"Sam!" I shout. He turns and I throw him the knife. He catches it as the big guy charges him and buries it deep in his chest.

The demon I knocked down trips me from the floor. As I fall he stands. My head cracks painfully on the floor and the demon kicks me in the stomach again and again. I feel a rib break and scream, the pain travelling throughout my entire body. Then the kicking stops and the demon falls, it's empty eye sockets staring in nothingness as it lays beside me. Dean rushes over and kneels beside me, brushing the hair from my face.

"Are you okay?" He asks , his hand on my cheek. I cover his hand with mine and smile softly.

"I'll be fine. I just need a minute." I tell him. I look up to see Cas standing behind Dean, obviously the one who killed the demon, due to the burned out eyes. Dean helps me to stand and i walk to the dresser, avoiding the dead demons and pretending my injuries aren't there. I open the top drawer and grab a dark green shirt, putting it on top of the dresser. I rip the rest of my t shirt off rather than lift it off, it's a lost cause, covered in blood from the 'X' carved into my chest. I throw it towards the bin in the corner, just missing. I pick up a bra, looping it over each shoulder and try to reach the clasp, but my broken rib screams.

"A little help." I say over my shoulder. Sam, Dean and Cas are all facing the other way, but at my words Dean and Cas turn. Dean moves towards me first and Cas slowly faces the other way again.

Dean fumbles with the clasp, more used to undoing them than the other way around. After a couple seconds he triumphs.

"Thanks."

"No problem." He says, running his hands down my bare arms and kissing my shoulder tenderly. Then he reaches around me and grabs the shirt I picked, helping to get my arms through. He turns me slowly and does the buttons up, his fingers brushing my skin. When he reaches the ragged 'X' he stops.

'Cas could.." He hesitates.

"It's not that bad. I'm fine." I put my hand over his and continue to button up. Once he's done I lean up and kiss him, a weak smile on my lips. Then I slip into some navy jeans on my own.

When I'm dressed I head to the window, leaning my back against it to feel the cool glass. Sam and Cas are discussing the female demon and Dean joins them.

I'm about to walk over when the window behind me smashes into a thousand tiny pieces and rough hands pull me through it. I kick out but it's no use, they surprised me from the perfect angle.

"Dean!" I scream as a hood is put over my head and Im thrown into the back seat of a car. It all happens so fast. I hear Dean scream my name as the car door closes and the engine starts. I'm pinned to the seat as my hands and feet are tied for the second time today and a gag is shoved in my mouth.

Unable to move or scream, all I can do is listen to the car drive further and further away from the people I love.