Chapter 3 ~ Green Eyes

I smile at Sam warmly and he hugs me again. A bright light starts to grow outside of the window across from me. I release Sam to stare at the ever brightening light.

“What is that?” I say shielding my eyes. Sam doesn’t even seem to notice it. Then he starts to fade in front of me, I reach out to grab him but there’s nothing left to grasp, he’s gone. I look around as the bed sheets change from a dirty pale yellow to an even dirtier floral blue. The table moves from the left side of the room to the right and the red wallpaper turns to a slimy looking green paint. I can’t see Sam anywhere.

“Sam?” I call, but there’s no answer. “Sammy?” Everything stops changing and moving, my ears pop as if I’ve been on a long flight and I hear the water in the bathroom running.

“Sam?” I venture. The water stops. “Is that you?” I hear the safety of a pistol click and press myself against the wall, creeping up towards the bathroom door. Just as the tip of the gun passes the doorway I grab it, pulling it out of the guys hands, he tries to hold on but that only propels him towards me. I pull up my leg, kneeing him hard in the crotch. He lets out a gasp but stays standing, regaining his composure. I jump backwards and point the gun at his head. It matches mine.

When he’s standing straight again he looks at me. I take a few seconds to survey him. He’s wearing dark jeans, a sort of khaki shirt, open to show a normal black t-shirt. He’s wearing more or less the same outfit as me, except my shirts buttoned because I didn’t have time to throw my under shirt back on. He has short brown hair, tanned skin, full lips and a soft but strong looking jaw.

He also has my bright green eyes. It’s strange, on me I’ve never noticed them, not even gave them a second thought. But on him they’re startling, they stand out and shine, absolutely gorgeous. I never thought you could actually get lost in someone’s eyes, but apparently you can because he grabs my wrist, quick as lightening, twisting my arm behind my back until the gun drops to the floor, then pushes me face first against the wall, holding me in an arm lock so tight that every time I try to move a shooting pain travels up my muscles. He presses me against the wall and I can feel his breath on my neck.

“Don’t you think you should at least buy me a drink before we get this close?” I joke. He doesn’t laugh; he searches me, quickly finding a hidden dagger in the waistband of my jeans. He inspects it then holds it to my throat.

“Who are you?” He growls.

“Not your girlfriend so you might want to back up a bit.” He just presses the point of the knife into my throat, creating a small cut. A drop of blood runs down my neck, leaving a trail of red.

“I said; Who are you?” He yells. “How did you get in-”

“Dean stop.” A voice says behind us. Thank god.

“Cas. What’s going on? Where’s Sam?” I ask but all it gets me is my head being knocked against the wall again.

“You, shut up. And don’t you dare talk about my brother.” He says in my ear before addressing Cas. “Cas who is this? And how does she know Sam?”

“Dean let her go.”

“After you tell me who she is.”

“She’s you.” What does he mean? I’m this guy. “From a different reality. One where you were born as a girl” He spins me to face him but keeps the blade in place. He studies my face and I stare him straight in the eyes. After a few moments he steps back, lowering the blade. The first chance I get I run across to Cas and throw myself into his arms. Not because I was scared but because it’s good to see a familiar face in all of this. He strokes my hair as he holds me.

“What’s going on Cas?” Green-eyes asks.

Cas releases me and looks at both of us before saying. “You might want to sit down.” We make our way over to the small table. I sit next to Cas and green-eyes sits across from us.

“Dean this is Deanna.” Cas says. Dean just nods at the introduction. “Like I’ve already said she’s you from an alternate reality. There are countless others, but you two are the closest in comparison.”
“Wait. Hold up a second. Are you saying this chick has lived the same life as me?”

“Yes. Your reality is at the centre of them all Dean. They are all based off of your life, but are not always on the same timeframe. Some are years behind, some only days.”

“What are your parent’s names?” He asks me. The question surprises me.

“John and Mary Winchester.”

“Are they still alive?” I shake my head. “How did they die?”

“It was all yellow-eyes. He fried my mom on the ceiling of Sammy’s nursery, and sent dad to Hell. He died to get me out of a hospital bed.”

“Cas rescued you from Hell, didn’t he? Show me your arm.” I nod and unbutton my shirt at the top just enough so that I can pull down my sleeve to reveal the scar. He does the same, showing the same scar on his muscular arm. I can’t help being shocked. This isn’t believable.

“How long are we apart?” I ask.

“Around three years.” Cas answer.

“You’re still in the middle of the apocalypse?” Dean asks.

I nod. “Yeah.” I turn back to Cas. “So our lives are more or less identical?”

“Yes.”

I face Dean. “Does that mean you’ve slept with him?”

“Who?” He asks surprised.

“Castiel.” I say gesturing to him.

“What? No.” He says, then realisation hits him. “Wait. You have?”

“Yeah.”

“When?”

“Last night. In my time obviously.”

“Really Cas? You banged me.” He says looking at Cas.

“Never mind that. Dean we need to talk.” Cas tells him seriously. They both look at me and I take the hint.

“I’m going to go splash some water on my face. “ I say standing and giving Cas a kiss on the cheek. I make my across the floor to the bathroom. Before I go inside though I turn back and wink at dean, giving him the thumbs up. I can’t help laughing as his cheeks go red.