Let The Good Times Roll

Grace woke up the next morning to the incessant buzz of her phone.

“Shit!” she cursed after seeing that it was past 11. She rolled out of bed and mentally thanked the universe for not being hung over. She ran downstairs to see that her parents and brother had already gone to the hospital and that she was extremely late.

She was just about to go get some coffee when the ring of the doorbell chimed through the large house.

“I’m coming,” she yelled while quickly pressing the ‘on’ button on the coffee machine. It seemed that she wasn’t the only impatient one when the familiar chime rang through the house once again.

“Argh! I said that I’m FUCKING coming!” she shouted as she stormed over to door and yanked it open.

Leo grinned to himself as he heard Grace curse and stomp around the house. His grin broadened as he took in Grace wearing nothing but his old tennis tournament t-shirt and a pair of fuzzy, pink and orange striped socks, looking absolutely murderous and adorable.

“Morning,” Leo grinned. “I would add good, but it just doesn’t look like a god morning day to you.”

“Haha you’re just so funny,” Grace drawled sarcastically. She rolled her eyes before looking up at him with suspicion. “What are you doing here?”

“Didn’t you get the memo Grace? I’m supposed to drive you to the hospital,” he said before lightly pushing her small frame out of the way and walking into the house.

“Nope,” she said but then remembered the way her phone was blowing up this morning. “Okay never mind, I just got it.”

“Well go hurry up, we’re late,” he said.

“Okay first you wake me up with your calls, and then you keep ringing the doorbell when I was trying to get my coffee and now you’re telling me to hurry up? Well you can go to the hospital by yourself and I’ll drive myself there,” she grumbled.

Leo looked over her head and saw the waiting cup underneath the coffee machine. He walked over, pressed the button for 2 espressos and then waited for it to be done. He then carefully brought the steaming cup over to where Grace was sitting on the breakfast bar and said mockingly “Please drink this so that magic can happen.”

Leo marvelled at how quickly Grace downed her coffee even though it was probably scalding hot.

“I needed that,” she confessed after wiping her mouth with the back of her hand.

“Very ladylike,” Leo remarked dryly. He had chosen to lean against the counter instead of sitting in the chair next to Grace.

“Sorry Henry Higgins, but I ain’t a lady,” she said as she jumped out of her stool and ran upstairs. “I’ll be 5 minutes! Get something to eat or something, you know where everything is!”

Grace threw another item of clothing onto her bed. She glanced at her Hello Kitty clock to see that her 5 minutes was up, but she still wasn’t ready. She was just going to the hospital for crying out loud, with only her family, which included Nate, Clara and Leo’s family, which included Leo.

“Grace?” she heard Leo call as he came up the stairs. “Are you done yet?” he knocked at her door and then asked “Can I come in?”

“Unless you want to see me naked then no!” Grace yelled.

“Will do,” Leo shouted back and then opened the door. He smirked when he saw Grace still wearing exactly the same thing, her mouth wide open in shock.