Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Jazzy

Tears ran into my fur as I distanced myself further and further from my parents, my best friend, and my mate. I could still feel his pain. Every blow Marcus took from my father pained me as well. I could barely stand it, especially knowing it was ten times worse for him.

Jasmine! My father screamed through the link. Where are you?!

Leave me alone you bastard! I shrieked. You hurt him, you hurt my mate! I was standing right there! How could you do that to me?! To anyone?!

I could hear him whimper through the link, and I heard his wolf growl at my name calling. I'm sorry. You know I am. Sam told me--

Exactly. I interrupted. You chose to believe Sam over me, over your own daughter! I have rarely ever lied to you, and when I did I never felt good about it. God, I can't believe you!

Jasmine, you have to understand. When it comes to your safety I will do anything.

I could hear the pounding of paws against the earth as someone ran closer and closer to me. Go away dad! Stop following me!

What are you talking about?

I paused, but only for a spilt second. You're not following me? Did you send someone? Please tell me you sent someone after me.

I didn't send anybody. Jasmine what's going on?

Oh my god. I put on extra speed as i heard them getting closer.

Jasmine?! My father was screaming at me, trying to get me to respond. What's going on?

Someone's after me, I said as I heard paws hitting the ground hard behind me, and a growl, but it wasn't a warning growl or a threatening one. It was as if the other wolf was saying it wasn't trying to hurt me.

What?! Dad screamed in my mind. Jasmine, tell me where you are. We'll find you and get you out of danger, just tell me where you are.

I mentally scoffed at him. Honestly I don't think I would mind being taken at this point.

I heard Dad whimper and growl at the same time; that was a weird noise. What? He growled.

I don't want to be anywhere near you or Sam, even if it means I get taken. I growled, stopping as another wolf raced in front of me and the one behind me almost ran into me.

Jazzy... Dad trailed off, sounding as if he was about to cry, but at the moment I didn't give a damn. He hurt my mate, he hurt me, and I just couldn't face him right now, no matter the circumstances.

Goodbye Dad. I said, before blocking him out of my mind, severing the link. No I didn't separate myself from the pack, I knew I would go back eventually, that is, if I wasn't kidnapped at the moment.

The wolf in front of me bowed his head submissively showing me he wasn't a threat, though I was still alert. The wolf in front of me shifted and I kept my gaze on his face. No one really knows why but ever since about twenty years ago, whenever a wolf shifts in their clothes their clothes get shredded. Guess the Moon Goddess wanted us to buy more clothes.

"Please shift back, Luna," the guy said. "I come here on Alpha Marcus' behalf. He would like to see you know."

My ears twitched at Marcus' name. The guy handed me a shirt that he had tied around his ankle and handed it to me. I took it in my mouth and slowly walked behind a nearby tree to change. I shifted back and put on the shirt. It felt weird to have another man's scent on me that wasn't my mate's.