Chapter Six-Sammy- Entranced.

Chapter Six.

-Sammy-

Entranced.

The colors played with me, tickling my skin and whispering sweet secrets in my ears. They taunted me, and I laughed as I they swirled around my body, flying through the air with more grace than a warm breeze. It giggled, asking me to join it, daring me to sigh it's name, ever more so that it whimpers when I refuse. Music danced with the colors, only stopping to cry out from joy, before continuing with their playing banter. Stars were plucked from the constantly changing sky, drifting down just to giggle my name and brush my cheek, then leaving without any goodbyes.

Dreaming, ever so sweet, ever so soft and innocent, though we forget by morning.

My eyes cracked open as the stars whispered that it was time to awake, and I sat up, all too eager to please them. Candles grew brighter as they sensed my woken state, and I smiled to them, before walking into the dining room. All the Lost Children were awake, and I plopped down onto my chair, frowning slightly at how my parents' chairs were now empty. I want to know where they are or what they're doing, but considering that yesterday was the wedding, and that they insisted that only a day to themselves was enough of a honeymoon, don't think I really want to find out.

Sighing, I placed an array of food onto my plate, though I barely touched it, and listened intently to the conversation going on amongst the rest of us. Collin and Claire were having a heated debate on whether or not my mother or my father would win at a arm wrestling match, while Nibs and few others were discussing what games to play today. The rest were too engulfed in their food to care. I briefly wondered where Simon was, but quickly brushed it off, the lad can handle himself. I turned my attention to Nibs and his group.

“I think we should play tag.”

“I agree, but what kind of tag?”

“Freeze? No, that takes too long.”

“How about base and hunter?”

“That ones too confusing.”

“Everything's confusing to you.”

“It is n- well, yeah, you're right.”

“How about hide and seek tag?” I offered and they looked at me, expressions thoughtful.

“That's a great idea! We haven't played that one in a while.” Nibs said and they nodded in agreement.

“Hey guys! Listen up! We're gonna play Hide and seek tag today, wanna join us?” I asked the table and everyone cheered their 'yes's and 'yeah's.

“Great. Okay, one, two, three, not it!”

“Not it!” “Not it!” “Not it!” “Not it!” “Not it!” “Not it!” “Not it!” “Not it!”“Not it!” “Not it!” “Not it!” “Not it!” “Not it!”

“Not it! Oh, dang it, why am I always last?” Oliver sighed, face-palming. We laughed and stood from the table, running quickly into the forest as he started counting.

*#*#*#

My feet padded against the warm, mushy dirt, a laugh escaping my lips as I ran from my last hiding spot. One could say that I could fly instead of running, but where's the fun in that?

Okay, I need a new hiding spot... Where to hide, where to hide, where to hide....

I kept running, my legs never tiring, if anything, they wished for me to go faster, to stretch and speed across the land until I reached an end. I started to enter into a farther part of the island, one I didn't recognize. I started slowing down, until I came to a complete stop, digging my heels into the dirt. I paused, searching my surrounding with my eyes, listening intently for any sign of movement, sniffing the air for any wisp of warning.