Chapter [9]

9.

Duke

I'd arrived at school a little later than usual only to see Anna apparently flirting with Chase. My jaws and fists clenched instinctively, it was gonna be hard being in love with this new Savanna. I mean it was no secret that she was promiscuous. But I couldn't help but... Want her all to myself.

"Dukie" she squealed when she saw me, running up to hug me. I inhaled deeply, and smoothed down her hair as I embraced her.

"Hey" I said against her ear. She stiffened; I smiled "not a good idea right?" I whispered

"Nope" she said popping the 'p' and backing up.

Chase gave me a knowing look and pulled Savanna back towards him. F#*king bastard, what I would give to be in his position.

After school later that day, I had football prac. So I confronted (that guy).

"Hey D-" he tried to greet me but I cut him off when I began,

"Cut the Bull, look I know what you're trying to do"

He gave a smug look before he said, "Ahh I'm guessing this has to do with Savvy"

"Nice to know we're on the same page. I know what you’re like Chase. You’re just using her"

"I don't see her begging me to leave her alone... In fact she approached me. Not you, the brother she never had"

"F#*k you"

"F#*k me? Why yes she did" that was the last the straw... You can't blame me I mean I was already on edge so Ipopped one in his jaw, knocking him to the ground.

......

Savannah

I was sitting in Biology waiting for Duke to turn up, considering we were lab partners and all. Mid-thought Duke walked in with a busted lip, bruised eye and bruised knuckles. Handing the teacher a note he made his way to sit down next to me.

"What ha-"

"I don't want to talk about it" he hissed cutting me off.

"Okay" I said deciding to drop the issue considering he had his 'don't f#*k with me face' on.

Biology dragged on and finally it was recess. I found Chase's table which consisted of cheerleaders, jocks and the like.

Sitting down I noticed that His face was pretty beat up... Even worse than Duke. "What the hell happened? And don't you dare say you don't wanna talk about it" I said seriously.

"Ha-ha shouldn't your best friend know?" he asked nodding his head in Duke's direction.

"Yeah I'll ask him when he starts talking again" I mumbled, "now what happened."

"Shouldn't you know? It was bout you"

Duke

"Dude... Like what’s up with you?" Ash said snapping her fingers in my face. I'd been fixated on Chase and Anna's conversation.

"Nothing why?" I asked eyes still stuck in the same place.

"Ever since Savs got back you've been really weird" Wills said frowning. This caught my attention,

"Weird how?"I asked making eye contact.

"Yeah weird how?" Savannah said sitting down next to me.

Shrugging my shoulders, "put me on the spot why don't cha"

"Yeah see! Since when have you been shy?"

Ash pointed out probably noticing my cheeks heat up.

"I'm not! Geez just drop it, anyways Anna you not spending lunch with pretty boy over there" I asked her trying to change the topic. She threw me a questioning look before she said,

"I kinda got tired of hearing about who passed what ball to whom, and what cheer works best" she said taking a bite out of my sandwich before handing it back to me. "Yum, your mom shtill makes thesh", she mumbled, mouth full of food.

Savannah

Lunch passed pretty quickly and pretty soon school was over.

And I soon realized Duke's birthday was in a few weeks. As I walked through the lobby of the apartments I thought of what I should get him. Condoms? Yeah maybe if he gets laid he'll stop all this nonsense about wanting more with me. No sending the wrong message. Male stripper? Yeah maybe it'll lighten up his mood. Or totally offend him. Okay then a female stripper... Yeah she should like come out of the cake and everything. Eww... I wouldn’t eat that.

Maybe I should be the stripper... And give him a lap dance and totally sing happy birthday Marilyn Monroe style... No again sending the wrong message.

Wait a second I know exactly what I'll give him.

Duke

I was driving home when I had this killer urge to go to the Beach, so I speed dialled Anna,

"Hey Dukie I was just thinking about you"

"Oh? Well anyways lets hit the beach, I miss the surf"

"Oh my gosh! Me too. I'll meet you there in 30mins".

"Nuh lemme pick you up"

"Okay, see you soon"

Savannah

Hmm... Okay so maybe I hadn't finished unpacking all of my stuff so finding a bikini was going to be hard. Oh well dad did give me his Amex card. I decided to pull into the mall and pay a visit to Victoria's Secret.

I picked the first thing I saw, considering I was short for time, but I settled for a black bikini set and board short-shorts.

When I got home I pulled a mini Blue sundress over my bikini and packed a duffel bag with my essentials for the beach. Soon I heard a car horn downstairs. I poured some food for Moey before I walked downstairs towards Duke's car.

"Hey" I said as I slid into the passenger seat. Duke had two surf board tied to the roof of his car.

"You look gorgeous" He said smiling

I smiled back before saying; "Dude make this best friend thing work" he simply laughed at my response and mocked in a girly voice

"Aww… thanks Dukie you’re so sweet"

"Shut up that’s not even what I sound like" I said whacking him on the arm.

"Ha-ha-ha" Duke laughed, "And hey watch it, if I veer off the road we both die. I'm too hot to die" he joked.

I laughed slightly... Wincing in pain.

"Whats wrong?" Duke asked truly concerned but eyes focused on the road.

"Oh nothing just a killer headache".

XxxGhostWritersxxX