Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Jessi ran to her bedroom to find her pillow. There it sat, on the floor of the room. She grabbed the white pillow and ran to the kitchen where Alex was laying. He was still and started to get up from the floor.

“Jessi, wha… Wha just happened to… to me?” Alex stuttered as he stumbled to get up. Jessi ran to his side to help  him up.

“How about you lay down ok?” she put his arm over her head and onto her opposite shoulder. She helped his all the way to her bedroom so he could lay down. Jessi looked at Alex’s face as they shuffled into the room. His eyes were shut as they walked in. his hair drooped and swished in front of his face with each step they took. He looked so tired and lonely, it pained Jessi to see him this way.

They soon reached the bed. Jessi put the pillow back where it belonged. Jessi brought Alex’s arm back over to the other side of her and helped him into the bed. Alex sat on the bed, then laid his head on the pillow. His eyes fluttered open just enough to see Jessi putting his legs under the blankets.

“Jessi,” Alex took his arms out from under the blankets she had so kindly pulled up for him.

“Please don’t leave me.” His voice was so soft and fragile. Jessi looked into his eyes. they were a soft green, like the sea. She took his hand and intertwined it with hers.

“I’m not going anywhere.” Jessi could feel tears stinging her eyes. ‘What if he doesn’t wake up after this? I don’t want his to leave!’ Jessi’s thoughts swirled inside her head. she went back to looking at Alex. She smiles a fake smile as she pulled up a chair next to the bed. There fingers still intertwined as Alex’s eyes started to flutter back to sleep.

“Alex,” Jessi’s voice was so soft, she could barely hear it

“Yes.” Alex glanced over at her. Her blue eyes were like the ocean. So deep and mysterious.

“Promise you won’t leave me.” Jessi felt her throat start to swell and tears sting her eyes. Her eyes were locked with his.

“I promise, I will never leave you. No matter what.” A tear had streamed down Jessi’s cheek. Alex wiped it away and cupped her face in his hand.

“I promise.” He slowly took away his hand and put it back under the covers. His eyes fluttered shut and Jessi was all alone again.