Chapter 2

Kelianna

Boom ! Boom ! Boom ! Somebody kept knocking at the door. Sitting up looking at the clock that read 7:14 pm. Getting up to unlock the door , I stood face to face with Josh's son whatever his name was. " Dinner's ready" He smiled. " K " I said grabbing my phone & going down the stairs.

Once down the stairs it was just Keshia , Josh , Malik & whoever Josh's son is sitiing around the table. My plate was already made so I grabbed it & sat down. Looking at the good Sunday food made my mouth water. Every since I moved in 2 years ago , I know one thing & that was Keshia can cook her ass off. Sitting in front of me was homemade macaroni & cheese , fried chichen , dressing , collard greens & cornbread. We prayed over our food as I ate in silence. " Malik , I want you to clean the kitchen when we're finished " , he kissed his teeth & smacked his lips eyeballing her. " & I have something I want to take up with you all" Keshia said mainly looking at Malik & I . " Um ok ? " I said confused. "Well Josh & I are getting married & him & his son is moving in" she said with so much joy. Malik furrowed his eyebrows & got up to leave out the house. She called after him but he just slammed the door.

After everybody was finished eating we sat in the living room & watched tv. "Wassup beautiful" that big headed boy said to me, "Names Kel" I said not wanting to be bothered. "Names Jay" he mimicked me. I just looked at him & looked away. "You might as well get used to me being here" he winked at me. Lord was he fine.. I looked at his attire & simple white polo shirt , balmain jeans & gray & white hightop vans were on his feet. I just knew he was slanging dope.

"Staring is rude" he said. I chuckled at how lame he was. "Ok" I said looking into my phone. Moaning could be heard from upstairs , ew I thought , turning up my nose at the loud moans. "He got to be putting in that work." Jay said, I just laughed. Malik walked into the house looking between us two , he just shook his head & walked upstairs. He was only a couple of months older than me & he got put into the system as well , he was here before me but he was always overprotective.

"You tryna go to the park Kel?" Jay said to me, "Boy I don't even know you" I rolled my eyes. "It was a try." he mumbled lowly. I looked at the time & it was now 9:48. I wasn't sleepy & I was bored. I went to Malik's room. Knock Knock.. "Malik" I called. He opened the door letting me in sitting on his bed & finishing his blunt. "Wanna go to the store?" He just put his blunt out & followed me out.

The ride to the store was fairly quiet except for the music that was playing. I looked over at Malik & he looked annoyed. "What's wrong?" I asked. Nothing was said so I shook it out & found a parking spot at Walmart. I grabbed the buggy & started pushing it towards the freezer section leaving Malik behind. I stopped at the icecream section , I was always an emotional eater. Why am I emotional you ask? Because next week is my mom's birthday & this is the third year I would have to celebrate it without her.

I grabbed all of the icecreams I like & put them in the buggy along with other various amounts of sweets & junk food. Malik caught up behind me & said "Just be careful out here Short" he said calling me by the nickname because I was only about 5'3. I payed for the things & we headed home.

It was dark in the house & I was bored. I had just got out the shower so I decided to watch Youtube after setting my alarm for school in the morning. I hated school with all them ugly bean head ass children & overgrown ass seniors. Yes I had most of my classes with seniors because I was in all AP classes having an A in each one. School was most def going to be boring tomorrow being that it was the first day & everybody hates Mondays.

I watched De'Arra & Ken , Corey & Carmen & Tay & Jass , & some food channels before deciding to go to sleep. I did my streaks which I was tired of & told my Mommy goodnight looking at the picture of us beside my bed. That was her favorite picture, mines too.

I woke up at 6:20 getting up to take a shower & do my early morning hygiene before going back to my room. I wrapped the towel around my body & bumped into Jay on the way to my room almost dropping my towel , "Watch it beautiful" he said. "Kel" I corrected him. He just chuckled.

I walked into my room looking in my closet trying to find something to wear. I settled on a white crop top, olive green pants & my "lightskinned" Arizona jean jacket. I looked down at my feet deciding on what shoes to wear , I grabbed my brown sandals along with my brown purse looking for my binder. Leaving my hair in its natural state , I grabbed my keys & walked out the door. "e ka loaaʻi i kēia lā hoʻomaka 'ana" I said to myself, meaning let's get this day started .

Kelianna in the MM.
Vote
Comment