Chapter Twenty

Chapter 20:

~Esca~

                I sat in the Hospital Wing next to Echo’s bed for the tenth night in a row. The low amount of sleep I had gotten was starting to greatly drain on me, especially sense I was using a great energy to keeping a block around not only my aura, but Echo’s.

                It had not moved since I found it by Echo’s side. The pure, partly transparent, white color of it shone in the darkness, putting off light that only I could see. It was gorgeous. From time to time it would change forms and merger into some other kind of shape than just a large blob. At the moment it was resting on the other side of the bed from me.

                “So, little Echo’s aura,” I said speaking to it. I started doing it a few nights ago, telling it all about what Echo had missed. It seemed to even react a little, to some stories of her friends, but that was probably just my imagination. “Elissa has made a new friend.”

                The blob become very still. I got an eerie feeling that it was looking at me. It slowly started to grow talker and get thinner around the middle.

                “His name is Ernie Macmillan. He is in your year. I personally don’t like him, but I don’t like many people. Overall, I think he is an annoying Hufflepuff kid. For awhile he blamed Harry for what was happening to the muggle-borns. That was until Hermione was petrified. He then apologized. That is how he and Elissa met I believe, or at least how they became friends. Oh well, point is they have been spending a lot of time together. Alexia and Nick also have been trying to comfort her, but I am not sure how well that is going.”

                The upper part of the blob cocked to the right.

                “Want to hear about Fred and George?”

                No response.

                “Well, there is not much to tell anyway; after all they are just the same as ever. Well maybe sadder, but you know, ever the annoying two.” I let out a laugh before frowning. “They miss you. Elissa misses you. I miss you, Echo. Why are you separate from your aura? Your aura should be within your body right now like all the other people that were petrified.”

                The blob moved away from Echo, towards the center of the room. I stood up and followed it, curious. Once it was in the very center of the room, where the moonlight shone through the windows the strongest, it started to morph slowly. I watched, my mouth hanging wide open, as the light changed from a blob to another form, a human form. At first, I was confused, but I noticed it was Echo. Shocked, I looked back over my shoulder at her body to compare. Her real were glowing brightly, the same color as her aura.

                “Echo?” I asked looking back at the aura and stepping towards it. “Is that you Echo?”

                The Aura looked back at me, a large smile on her face. It was Echo’s smile, it looked just like her, except that it was her in the form of an aura. It was even in the cloths she was wearing when she was petrified. Her silly pajamas. The shorts with duckies on them and a tank top. I smiled brightly.

                “Echo?”

                The Aura stepped forward until it was right in front of me; I looked down at the Arua and my smile widened even more.

                I watched as the Aura opened her mouth and went to speak, but no sound came out. Her face fell and she put her hand on the base of her throat.