Chapter Sixteen

Okay, this chapter is the day Echo got petrified and what happened to her that day such, so if you were wondering what happened to her, this is it. :D Enjoy!

Chapter 16:

~Echo~

 (the day she was petrified)

                I groaned as George and Esca kept glaring at each other. They were on either side of me, holding my arms. I wanted to shake them off, but I knew that would just cause me more problems. Both of them were insisting on me going with them today. The last two Saturdays had become the days where the two of them decide who was going to watch over me. Or rather, yell at each other.

                “Esca, you spent last Saturday with her,” George snapped.

                “So? I want to spend this Saturday with her too,” he replied. “Plus you and Fred will probably get distracted and leave her behind. Also, don’t the two of you have Quidditch practice today?”

                “Yes, and so what?” he snapped. “A lot of Gryffindors come to watch, so she will be in a large crowd of people. It would be safer than just being with only you.”

                “Shut up,” I yelled before hanging my head, trying to remain calm, when in fact my heart felt like it was tearing at the sight of my two best friends yelling at each other like this. “I am not spending the day with either one of you,” I told them sadly. “I am spending my day with Hermione and Elissa in the library studying. They are already there, I am just late because of the two of you taking up all my time with your arguing.”

                “I’ll walk you,” they said at the same time.

                I pulled my arms out of their grip. “I’ll walk myself. There will be a lot of people in the hall and so I will be perfectly safe.”

                “No,” George said quickly.  “I am walking with you.”

                “So am I,” Esca added.

                The two gave each other one final glare before we left the common room.

                I walked ahead of the two as they walked behind me. From time to time one of them would try to walk beside me, but I just sped up so they could not. Soon they got the message that right now, I did not want them by my side.

                When we got to the library, we quickly found Hermione and Elissa at a table. I stopped out of earshot of them and turned to the two boys standing behind me.

                “Okay, you can leave now,” I told them.

                “Be careful,” Esca said. “I will come get you in two hours.”

                “No you will not,” I hissed but would have been screaming if not for the rules of the library. “You will not come get me and neither will you George.” This earned me a hurt look from him. “I will get by to the Common Room or to the Great Hall with someone, but I do not want to see either of you for the rest of the day. You both are driving me crazy and I just need you gone for now. So leave and I don’t want to see you until I am ready. Goodbye.”

                I turned on my heel and walked away towards the girls who saw me and gave me a wave.

                When I sat down the two gave me a worried look.