Chapter Seventeen

Chapter 17:

~Elissa~

Weeks turned into months as the school became a harder place to be at. With time more people joined Echo in the Hospital Wing. The second year Gryffindors got another hard blow when Hermione was placed on a bed next to her friend Echo. This got rid of all thoughts that Harry was the heir of Slytherin. I never thought it true, after all he and Echo were friends. He would never do anything like this to her. No one really listened to me except the Gryffindors and Ravenclaws Alexis and Nicholas.

Fred and George used to walk down the corridors in front of Harry shouting: "Make way for the Heir of Slytherin." While Harry seemed to get rather annoyed when they did so, the twins seemed to find comfort in joking about it. We all knew if they actually believed for a second that Harry Potter was responsible they would kill him.

And if they didn't than I would.

I missed Echo. I missed her a lot. She was such a kind and gentle person to have this happen to her. So was Hermione. None of them deserved this. I hate that they were all petrified because of who their parents were. They had no control of that, so why should they be punished?

The first night in the dorm without Echo was hard. The four of us; Hermione, Lavender, Parvati, and I sat on our trunks in front of our beds and looked around silently.

"She's not gone forever," Hermione suddenly broke the silence. "She will be returning."

"If they can fix her," Lavender murmured.

That was it for me, more tears started rolling down from my eyes.

Hermione quickly ran to my side, placing her arm around me. "How could you say that?" she hissed at Lavender. "Of course she is coming back, she is in the hands of the teachers here at Hogwarts. If she has a chance it is here." She turned to me. "Echo is going to be okay."

I nodded. I believed her. Dumbledore was the Headmaster, afterall. He would not let anything bad happen to her or any of the others. He couldn't.

None of us moved any of her things. Her books stayed in the middle of the floor, her bed remained unmade. The house-elves did not even move her things.

I did move one thing. She had a teddy-bear that stayed on her bed. I brought it to her the day after she was petrified. I sat it in the nook between her arm and side.

"She would like that."

The voice mad me jump. I turned around to see George with a vase full of the wild flowers that grew all over the grounds. He walked her and sat it on the table. He then pulled a picture out of his pocket and leaned it against the vase so that it stood up. 

Watching this moving picture, a smile came to my face. It was of Echo, Fred, and George. The twins were standing on either side of Echo as she got on a broom, pushed off, hovered a few seconds before she fell off and hit the ground. The twins jumped forward, but Echo started laughing and the twins fell to their knees beside her and joined in.

"Fred sends flower," George said to her. "He could not bring himself to come. He told me to tell you he was sorry and he will come tomorrow." He reached down and took her stiff hand in his. "I brought the picture of the three us from last summer. I know how much you like that one."

The two of us were silent for a while. I could tell this was really hard on George. I sat down on the edge of her bed while George sat in the chair next to her bed.

After what felt like hours George stood up. He let go of her hand. I watched him as he leaned down and pressed his lips to hers.

The action shocked me. I later noticed that my mouth  had opened in a silent gasp.

His lips lingered on her for a few second before he stood up straight. His eyes grew sad as he looked down at her as if he excepted something to happen. Like in that muggle story when the prince woke Sleeping Beauty with a kiss. But Echo did not wake up, she remained motionless.

George started to leave, but paused next to me and placed his hand on my shoulder. I looked up at him. He did not return the gaze, rather he looked straight ahead. 

"You are a dear and good friend to her Eliss, thank you," he said, "but please do not tell her I did that. This is not how I want her to find out how I feel about her." His eyes moved to mine full of pleading.

I nodded. "I won't tell her."

He gave me a weak, forced smile. "Thank you." His hand left my shoulder. "I'll be back tomorrow, Echo, with Fred." With those words, he left.

As he walked out the door, Madam Pomfrey walked in.

"I have never seen one of the Weasley twins look so sad and hopeless," said said. "He must really care about her."

"He really does," I replied. "More than I knew."

She patted my back. "We will have all of them up and moving before you know it, my dear."

"Thank you," I said giving her the same smile that George had just given me.

She walked off into her office and I took the chair that George had been in.

I sighed, Echo just had her first kiss and she will never know about it. Only George and I knew. I doubted he would even tell Fred about it.

"I'm sure you will find out one day," I told her, as I got to my feet. "See you soon Echo." I then followed the same path that George took.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here we are. Sorry my computer is till having trouble so I actually wrote this chapter on flash cards and then typed it up in an email. Sorry if it is short. Still I wanted to get what Elissa was feeling with all of this.