Chapter 9

A/N: I don't know if you're reading, but I want to just thank you if you are. (: It's always difficult to get a book started on Wattpad, but I'm glad I took the step!

GRRR. I'm having serious writing blocks - I have great ideas for new books, but not any for this one.

But I have this done, so I'm going to post it. I hope you guys enjoy. (:

Vote if you like it. Comment/fan too! (I'll be dedicating the next chapter to somebody who comments on this one. :P )

~.*./\.*~

While Nate and I stood glaring at each other, both waiting for the other person to respond, the Thai man prattled on obliviously?

“Oh, you two good friends? Very good! Very good!”

I opened my mouth in protest, but before I could get any words in, the guy continued on talking. “My name is Alak, nice to meet you all!”

Looking over to Kaylea, I whispered to her. “He reminds me of you when I first met you.”

Indignantly, she shook her head. “Um, no? I’m way cuter, gosh!”

I had to give her that. Alak, or whatever his name is, was sure enthusiastic about us, but wasn’t very easy on the eyes. 

“We must hurry! No time to waste!” Alak interrupted my thoughts. “The car is waiting for us!”

I could clarify later, I guess. It wasn’t like I had the opportunity now, especially since Kaylea latched on my arm, pulling me to follow Alak as he hurried down the hallway. The other girl, whose name I had learned was Justine, and Nate followed closely behind while us too lagged behind a bit more.

“I can’t believe it!” Kaylea whispered fervently, “Of all the guys you could’ve hooked up with to show up in our group, it just had to be the one who rejected you, didn’t it?”

The protectiveness and anger Kaylea expressed not only made me laugh, but also comforted me. After the incident with Seth and Carly, I was hesitant to trust people’s intentions. However, from what I had seen, Kaylea was good through and through and fiercely loyal to her friends.

I am so lucky that she chose to stick by me.

“We’re here already, and I have no choice in the matter,” I replied with a resigned tone. “Hopefully we won’t have to work with each other that much. And maybe I won’t need to kill him.”

At this time, Nate looked back and spoke loudly. “Couldn’t you guys go a bit faster? Didn’t Alak say we were in a hurry?”

I looked back at Kaylea before mumbling, “Maybe I will need to kill him.” Kaylea only shook her head before picking up her speed.

“Come on! Don’t want to miss our ride!”

--

Fifteen excruciating and exhausting minutes later, we were finally standing outside with our ride. Even though I was relatively athletic, I was panting slightly due to the physical exertion and intense heat.

“What? Can’t stand it already?” Nate leaned over.

I glared. “I’m a lot better off than you think.”

“You think.” He remarked before turning back towards the ride.

I hadn’t been paying attention before due to the physical weariness I was experiencing, but my jaw dropped when I looked up to find my ride.

I’m sure it was a white car sometime during its life, but it definitely no longer was that color. There wasn’t a distinguished name to what the color of the van was, but the scratches and dirt covered the entire exterior. Not only did the large, bulky van look absolutely horrific, its bumper was barely hanging on by a hinge. There were dents all over the place, the front windshield was severely cracked, and the closest side view mirror was completely trashed.