Chapter 3

A/N: Hey! Here's the next chapter. If you like it, vote, comment, whatever, or at least, recommend to your friends? Please? :P Haha... I'm such a slacker - I should be studying for my AP Stats test tomorrow.... Anyways, ENJOY!

~.*./\.*.~

“Destiny, wake up!”

The blinds opened, letting bright sunshine into my spacious bedroom. I groaned and rolled over, feeling the pounding of my head.

“Another hour, please!”

The voice changed into a severe tone. “Destiny Cassandra Cohen, young lady, wake up right now! You need to talk to us.”

I jumped and sat up in bed, and the pounding in my head suddenly increased in intensity. I gasped at the two people standing at the foot of my bed. At the moment, it was impossible to tell who was more scary. My mom had her angry face on, her eyes narrowed on me and mouth placed in a firm line. My dad, on the other hand, simply seemed grim and disappointed in me.

“Would you mind telling us exactly what happened last night?” My mom quirked an eyebrow.

I gulped. Crap. How was I supposed to get myself out of this mess?

Mom must have noticed my expression because she added, “And don’t think about lying to us. We’ve already heard the story from the cops. Now it’s time for you to tell your side.”

Holding my head, I flopped back on the mattress.

“Fine. I admit I was wrong. But can’t you give me a while so I can recuperate from my hangover?”

There was no need to keep anything from them now, it’s not like they wouldn’t know soon enough. Mom opened her mouth, undoubtedly to reject my request, but Dad held his arm out, stopping her mid-breath. With a stoic look at me, he said quietly, “Go take a shower and change, Destiny. We’ll be waiting at the breakfast table downstairs. You have 30 minutes.”

I shot him a look of gratitude as I slid off my bed. “Okay.”

But before I could walk out of my door, my mom rested her hand on my shoulder. I automatically tensed, afraid that she was going to rip me apart right then and there. But when I turned around to face her, I was surprised at the tenderness in her eyes.

“At least tell us that you’re okay. You came home with your dress torn.”

I looked at her and whispered, “I’m okay, at least physically. I think.”

With that, I headed towards the shower.

--

With the water running down my back, I tipped my head back and finally allowed myself to remember what had happened last night.

--

“Hey girlie, would you by chance have an ID on you? We’re going to have to file a report and let your parents know.”

My stomach dropped. If my parents heard about this, I would be in SO much trouble! Especially since I didn’t exactly go home yesterday when I was supposed to…

But I guess getting yelled at by my parents was probably better than making my life difficult at the station, so I nodded slowly and pulled out my license from my purse.

“Here’s my license.”

“Okay, thanks girlie. Now in the car you go!” The police officer seemed really nice and friendly. Weren’t they all supposed to be mean and offensive towards drunk teens?

I slid onto the back seat as the realization hit me. I was sitting in a police car and was in trouble with the law. Closing my eyes and tipping my head back on the seat, I tried to think through a coherent story as the officer gunned the engine and started driving towards the station.