Arthur and Helen Pierce

"You won't believe what I found," Mackensie said, walking out of the library with her cellphone pressed to her ear. She had her backpack hanging off of her shoulder while she carried her notebook in her other hand--the notebook with all of her special information inside.

"What? What happened?" Tanya asked on the other line, her phone on speaker and placed on her desk while she sat on the floor painting her nails.

"Those people, in the picture," she answered. "They really were in the catalogs for the library Mr. Lynell told me to go to!"

"Oh wow!" Tanya exclaimed, sounding legitimately excited for her friend. "Tell me what you found!"

"Hang on." 

"Okay."

Mackensie put her phone into her pocket before turning to unlock her bike. She took it out of its spot, putting her backpack on the seat to unzip it and put her stuff away. For a moment she was going to read the information off of her notebook for Tanya to hear, but she was certain that she could remember everything.

Especially that specific little detail about their children that shocked her, though a part of her was somewhat expecting to find it.

She slipped her notebook into her backpack and zipped it closed, sliding the straps onto both of her shoulders and making sure that it was secure before mounting the bike. She kept one feet planted on the ground as the other was on the pedal, keeping her balance as she brought her phone back out and started talking on it again.

"Okay, hello?"

"Hey."

"All right, so the girl and the guy. They were both in the database! I wrote everything down, or at least the basic stuff. I'm pretty sure we can just google this from home or something but anyway. "

==============================

----------Arthur Pierce----------

Full Name: Arthur James Pierce

Occupation: Drug store owner, WWI veteran.

Birth Date/Place: June 10th, 1899; St. George's Public Hospital

Date of Death/Place: February 17th, 1963; Home.

Father: Frederick Pierce              Mother: Grace Pierce nee McCoy

Spouse: Helen Marie Everhart      Marriage Date/Place: Dec. 25th, 1918; St. Patrick's Catholic Church

Children of This Marriage: Frederick Matthew Pierce, Nathaniel Robert Pierce.

----------Helen Pierce nee Everhart----------

Full Name: Helen Marie Pierce nee Everhart

Birth Date/Place: April 12th, 1900; Massachusetts General Hospital.

Date of Death/Place: November 3rd, 1960; Home.

Occupation: Housewife

Father: Robert Everhart               Mother: Sarah Everhart nee Pope

Spouse: Arthur James Pierce      Marriage Date/Place: Dec. 25, 1918; St. Patrick's Catholic Church

Children of This Marriage: Frederick Matthew Pierce, Nathaniel Robert Pierce.

==============================

"Wait, they lived in our town?" Tanya asked, interrupting Mackensie's spiel of information right when she was about to mention her dreams about Frederick.

"Yeah!" Mackensie exclaimed. "Didn't I tell you that!?"

"What the heck, no, you didn't!!" her friend responded, having an obvious increase in interest now that she knew that the people from the pocket watch actually lived in their little old town.

Mackensie didn't mind that she was cut off, though she still wanted to tell Tanya what had been going on. Seeing that the opportunity had passed already and she didn't feel like she had a good opening to bring it up anymore, Mackensie decided to drop it and move on.

"I want to see if I can find any letters that he wrote to her?" Mackensie went on. "You think they'd have that? I mean, he fought during World War One, I'm sure he wrote her something."

"Dude, that's...kinda sad."

"That he went to war?"

"Yeah. I mean, all that stuff we read in our history books about trenches and stuff. Ew."

Mackensie gave a small laugh, "I guess. So cool though! I'm so happy I found this. And according to their marriage date we can kind of assume that they got married right after the war--like, right after the guy got back to America?"

"Probably, yeah. That's so cute," Tanya said. Mackensie could tell that she was smiling on her end.

Typical Tanya, a romantic who loved the idea of marriage. Mackensie rolled her eyes but didn't say anything, she was used to this.

"Well, I'm going to ride my bike back home now," she said. "I'm going to see if I can find any more information about them later."

"Okay," Tanya replied. "Bye!"

"Bye!" Mackensie ended the call and put her phone into her pocket, making sure that it was safe and secure without the possibility of falling out before she pushed off on her bike and started to pedal home.

During the ride home she was filled with a sense of awe and wonderment as she thought about all that she had done for the day. She's found out who the people in the pocket watch were and what their relationship was to one another.

She gave herself a mental pat on the back when she realised that she was right all along in assuming that they were lovers.

The feeling of accomplishment, excitement, and awe soon passed however once Mackensie remembered that she had a slight problem with their son. Her dreams about him were unexplained and frankly, impossible.

They were too vivid, and clear. Too detailed.

She's never seen a picture of Arthur's and Helen's children before in her life. She obviously didn't know that they even existed before today, yet she knew the full name of their eldest son from the dream she had the other night.

Mackensie's mind was full of jumbled thoughts about her situation. What was one to think? Now that she thought about it, though, who did the pocket watch even belong to?

Oh god, is this thing haunted? She suddenly said to herself, groaning out loud while taking a turn at the intersection.

The idea of having a piece of history in her home had always astonished Mackensie and gave her the typical warm, fuzzy feeling--which she guessed was happiness. But she knew that some antiques had strong emotional connections to their previous owners, what if this was what happened with her watch...

"Okay, that's just ridiculous," Mackensie suddenly said under her breath, making sure to only move her lips slightly so that people who were walking on the sidewalks did not see her talking to herself, although she could care less since she would probably never see them ever again anyhow.

My pocket watch is not haunted, she told herself. That's actually the stupidest idea I've ever come up with. Laugh, Mackensie. Just laugh it off.

 It was starting to creep her out a little bit so for the rest of the ride home, Mackensie kept her mind off of the pocket watch and tried to just focus on the road ahead of her as well as what homework she had to do for the night.