The Second Dream

She was back in the old house again, back in that room.

The same song was playing from the old radio that sat on the nightstand.

Mackensie was standing in the same spot she last was last time before Tanya had awaken her.

This time, she reached out and grabbed the picture to analyse.

It did look like Arthur, but it obviously wasn't him.

His hair was lighter.

Blond?

Suddenly she heard the noise of multiple footsteps ascending the stairs, and she turned around to face the open door. She couldn't move, she couldn't hide.

A boy stepped inside.

Her age.

Maybe a little older.

It was the boy from the photograph she was holding.

Then another boy closely followed, he was younger. They looked liked brothers.

The older one went over to his nightstand and switched the station to something else, cutting Judy Garland off mid sentence.

Mackensie stared as he laid down on his bed, kicking his shoes off and making himself comfortable.

The younger one sat on the floor next to the bed, leaning against it as he stared at the radio.

They were listening to a radio show.

Did they not see her?

It felt like she was standing there forever when she heard a female voice yell up from downstairs.

"Frederick, get down here right now! You and your brother left a mess in the hallway!"

The older one didn't move from his position on his bed as he yelled back, "Later, Mom!"

"Frederick Matthew Pierce! Come down here right now!"

He let out a frustrated groan before quickly jumping up.

"Come on, Nathan," Frederick said to his little brother, who quickly got up himself and followed his brother out the room. Both looking quite irritated. They ran  down the stairs, obviously trying to hurry back to listen to the show.

So that was the name of the mystery boy.

Frederick Matthew Pierce.