The girl in white walls

Hulda's Point of View

"Why am I here?"

The question no one seems to want to answer. I still wonder why my powers are so important to them. Every day they try to take my powers away, but never do because they can't, and I guess that's why I'm still here. They put a collar on me so I couldn't use them and I hurts a lot . I feel the cold metal against my neck, it only hurts when he makes it.

Him. The only face I see that I have learned to fear. He carries a button that makes the collar hurt, mostly he pushes it just to make sure it works. His one eye full of hatred of me, because I managed to take away his left eye to try and escape. That was a long time ago almost 20 years I think. I was 5 when they put me in here. Scared and confused, I didn't know what to do.They kept hurting me so I fought back. But that was a big mistake.He visits my cell everyday, before and after his men try to take my powers.

I walk around the small cell thinking to myself

"Just kill me"

I have three white walls and one glass that keeps me away from everyone else. On the other side is another cell, but glass all around it.

"I wonder who's going to be in there?"

I sit on my bed and take out my journal. Ever sense I got here the journal was the only thing I have had that was mine.I open it and see all of my entries, 20 years worth. I find an empty page and begin to write.

Last night I had a dream about the sun and what it felt like. Warm and beautiful and the light was welcoming. I see trees and tall grass. I run in the field of tall grass and look up in the sky and see clouds white and fluffy like I have assumed they would be. But then like all the other dreams he comes and makes everything dark. I try to run but he is every where laughing, I fall and close my eyes and put my hands on my face and scream "Stop it stop it". But Trying to make the pain go away only makes it worse, then I wake up and place my hand on the collar. Its hot.

I stop writing and think

"The sunlight and open air, what does it feel like?Why don't they let me outside?"

A women with red short hair walks by and takes a quick look at me then moves on. I turn the page and begin to write again.

Why do people here hurt me? They treat me like a monster and a criminal. I ask myself everyday why I deserve this hatred.When he is here I hear his men say "Commander Fury you are needed" and that's how I learned his name but I never call him that. He doesn't let anyone speak to me or even think of me as a person. Sometimes I wish for someone to talk to me or care for me and make the nightmares disappear. I think about the men that walk by and say things about their families. I wonder what a family is? I also wonder what love is? I have heard love some where and I wonder Can someone love me?"

I close the journal and push it against my chest, putting my head against the glass wall shutting my eyes, so I wouldn't cry. I sit there for a while then I feel someone there and get up quickly. I sit up with my back against the wall. I look at him and he puts his hand in his pocket and my eyes widen watching.

''You remember your place, that's good" he says. I say nothing but swallow hard waiting for him to go away.

"So how have you been, Freak?" he asks. I don't answer. He removes his hand from his pocket and pushes the button. I jerk and scream begging for it to stop. I fall of the bed and move my hands on the collar to try and break it. Tears bleed out of my closed eyes and I continue to scream. He lets the button go and I take a deep breath. I crawl back on the bed and look at him then on the sheets.

"I asked how have you been?"he says again. I answer "fine just fine" Then sit down again with my arm against the glass.

"Good, and I see you have been writing too" he says while putting the button away. "Yes" I say softly.I look at the journal that now lay on the floor.

"I leave you then and just so you know stage 2 in almost complete" he says while walking away.

"Stage 2? I wonder what that is?"

I lay my head on the pillow and sleep. I feel something make the whole place go up and down.

Fury's Point of View

That stupid girl. Why can't I get her power?

20 years and still nothing, but the tesseract is working well. Dr. Selvig has been telling me that soon we will be able to use it. But still its not enough. I need the girl's power to make our weapons stronger and more destructive. At least she still fears me the little brat. I put my hand on the patch and remember the day she used her fire on me. Looking back makes me angry and made everyday sense hell to her.

"Fury sir Dr. Selvig says he has a problem with the tesseract and needs you right away"

"Get my chopper ready I want to be there before dark" I said

"Yes Sir"

Point of View Change

The tesseract is now taken by Loki and the Avengers are beginning to group to find him. Fury has rested his experiments on Hulda so he doesn't reveal her. Tony Stark and Steve Rogers went after Loki and met Thor. Loki is being placed in the cell across from Hulda.