Chapter 18: Sleepless Nights

A/N: I'm sorry it took forever to update this book, but here is an update. As always, happy reading lovelies 😊😊

Marissa's Pov

How long has it been since I last slept? Where have my peaceful nights gone? I'm not sure what happened to them, I just know that my children are on my mind. I can't bring myself to fall asleep, knowing that they are out there, afraid. I feel like the worse parent ever.

Yoongi sits next to me as he sighs heavily. It's never a good sign when he sighs like that. I gulp when I look into his direction, his expression holding concern and care to it.

He caresses my leg in a comforting manner, his touch feeling so distant, even though he's right next to me. It's as if it's there, but not there at the same time. I was in a whole other world. I didn't know how to react, so I just stare blankly at him as he stares right back at me. We stayed like this for a little while, examining one another.

It was getting harder and harder to read his expression. He now looked so serious that it made me nervous as to what's going to be said between the two of us. I take a nervous, shaky breath, bracing for what he has to say.

"I found out who the children were handed to," He starts off. His voice is just above a whisper, almost as if he's already giving up. I know better than that though. I know he's planning something, but it won't be something that I'm going to like. He's most likely going to take the most dangerous action that's going to put his life in danger. I won't be able to bear it if anything were to happen to him again.

"Where are they?" You could hear the panic, the desperation in my voice. I was on the verge of tears. I wanted to cling onto some sort of hope that my children are safe. Will it be false hope? Will I be disappointed to hear that they are in a lot of danger? I try calming my racing thoughts in order to hear what he has to say.

"It has been confirmed that they are indeed in the hands of Jonghyun. We were going off on a guess before, but I've received some disturbing photos," He states. I misheard him right? I just did not hear him say there were disturbing photos, did I? What kind of photos are we talking about?

My body started to shake in fear, going to the worse case scenario possible. I can't handle this right now. I can feel myself going into another panic attack. They're alive right? Please tell me that they are.

"L-let me s-see," I stuttered out, my breathing already ragged. My heart was pounding in my chest furiously. I don't know how much more torture I can handle before I completely break, before I lose my sanity and have to go into a mental hospital.

I hate to assume the worse, but he's not making it any easier not to with the way he was talking. The whole aura around him was screaming that the children are being brutally tortured, or worse. What if they were tortured to the point of Death? Come on Marissa, don't think the worse. Stay positive here for the childrens' sakes. I hate to think of them as being dead, it made me want to burst out in tears.

He pulled out his phone, going straight to his gallery as he swipes through the pictures. My eyes were failing me. I couldn't believe my eyes. There they were, beaten, bloodied and all bruised up. It was as if they were lifeless. It's almost as if they're just barely clinging onto life. It's ad if they lost all hope in being saved.

My breathing had become even more ragged. I was sick to my stomach. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. That was them, being tortured, but that wasn't the worse part of the photo. In the last one, Jonghyun was standing behind them while smiling as if he accomplished a great thing. The man was pure evil.