Chapter 4: Confused

A/N: Aye, I'm back with another chapter. Fair warning, it is unedited so please excuse any mistakes. Also, I have created another book called "Homeless Runaways." It is a Kim Seokjin ff, so please check it out. As always, happy reading lovelies 😁😁

Yoongi's Pov

"Daddy! Daddy! Can we go to park," My little boy's voice booms throughout the entirety of the house as he excitedly jumps around.

I groggily walk up to him, scooping him into my arms as I sit on the couch with him bouncing in my lap. "Your mom will be here shortly baby. Be patient and wait for her," I quietly whisper.

It's too early for this right now. I love my son, but he's just an energetic little ball of sunshine with a little too much energy for my liking. He smiles cutely at me, his smile bringing back an unwanted memory.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We were at a park, there was a family of ducks swimming. I looked over to the form, not able to make out the person of who it was, but it was definitely a female.

She was talking, but no sound was coming from her lips. I had the feeling of regret after whatever it was she had said. I was also filled with love for the person. A love like no other. Where can I get this love again? There is this lost love that I want to chase.

Even though I can't see her face, I know that by the end of everything, she's smiling at me. We go back to the house that day, and I see all of our friends there with happy faces. I remember hearing about the good news that every couple had told us.

Just whenever they talked to her, her name was inaudible to me. Her voice was silent. Everyone else could hear her clearly, but I could not. Who was she?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I was brought back out of my lost memories when I felt Hyeon leaving my lap. I shake my head, looking at a little girl and then finally noticing Marissa.

"You weren't answering me when I was calling you, so I took it upon myself to grab Hyeon. I hope the three of you had a lot of fun, but I must get going now. Take care of yourself Yoongi." The last part came out as a whisper. She probably didn't want me to hear it, but I still did.

I couldn't speak. There was something familiar about her. I recognize her form. I just can't remember where. My heart ached at the soft tone her mouth emitted. My body wants to hold hers for eternity, yet my mind stops it.

I see Jimin in the peripheral of my vision. He looks between the two of us as we just stare at one another.

"Marissa," I call out when I realize she turns to leave after neither one of us speaks to the other.

"Yes?" She turns back to me, waiting to hear what I have to say.

Why is she like this? Why is she willing to be there for me when she knows that I don't want anything to do with her? Why is she so compliant to listen to my words?