Social anxiety

Think about the last time you left your house. You just did what you were going to do whether that was go and see your friends go shopping or whatever.

For someone with social anxiety disorder it's very difficult for them to do that. I have social anxiety disorder and its ruining my life.

A lot of the time it's difficult for me to leave my room.

I can do the simplest daily tasks but my mind tells me that I can't and I'm going to mess up.

I'm going to put you in the shoes of someone with social anxiety. I'll show you what it's like to the easiest of things.

Someone has asked you if you want to go out somewhere (eg shopping) You can't say no to people because you are scared of their reaction so you agree.

Until that moment you have panic attacks on and off.

Your breathing speeds up to the point where you can't control it. You can hear your heart beating like crazy. You start to cry. You feel physically sick. Everything that could and "will" go wrong consumes your thoughts.

All of that over a small thing.

Once you finally get to wherever you were supposed to go all you think is.

"She looks better than me."

"They're staring at me"

If someone laughs its at you.

If someone gives you a casual glance they've been staring at you the whole time and think you are ugly or stupid.

I went to get CBT cognitive behavioural therapy. I've got to go twice a month. It's made to change the way we think. All anxiety starts with a thought.

I know that my challenge with this subject might seem difficult but I want you to say yes to things you normally wouldn't.

I did that for the lead up to Easter and I'm trying to do it now.

I literally can't act in front of people. I have huge panic attacks and completely freak out.

In I.T we are learning about cyber bullying. We had to act out a sketch of what cyber bullying is and what it does.

I played the victim in the story and it was about bullying and self harm.

By the end people in our class were crying.

It was the first time I had stood up in from of people and acted in around eight months.

I thought it was going to turn out bad but I was proved wrong.

The people without anxiety, I want you to say yes too. It could be something completely crazy or something completely normal.

I love you guys stay strong <3