Self harm

If I asked you what self harm was you would reply "it's cutting yourself" I'm going to tell you why that isn't the exactly correct answer.

Self harm doesn't just have to be cutting. I cut but I also bruised and slightly burned. Self harm can be using anything to hurt yourself deliberately.

It doesn't matter how many scars or cuts someone has. At first I had about seven on my arm. Most people who saw didn't really care (apart from my closest friends)

When I moved onto my thigh and waist it soon added up to hundred of deep cuts.

That's when people actually "cared"

It doesn't matter how many scars are on a persons body or how deep they are. The smallest scratch could hold hours of tears and emotional and mental pain.

Imagine how much a tiny paper cut hurts.

Now imagine doing bigger and deeper cuts on purpose.

It's not just a matter of cutting and then it's over. There are stories behind every scar.

Some of the cuts on my leg spelled out the words "freak" and "failure"

Everyone who noticed them in P.E said "that must have hurt"

Honestly I barely noticed it compared to the emotional pain.

It doesn't matter how strong a person can seem or how good their life is.

All that matters is that they learn to value and realise how much they are worth.

I want everyone who reads this to write "savedlovatic" on wherever they harm themselves. Or even if you don't cut and just need hope.

Every time you see it remember that I believe in you and I want you to stay strong.

One time I was in the bathroom cutting and I was about to write the word "fat" on my leg. I stopped myself because my mind told me that one day I would see these scars and it would bring me down again.

It told me that I wouldn't feel this way.

You won't either because I know that each and everyone of you are strong people..

Stay strong and I believe in you all <3