Chapter 2

After school Mary decided to ride the bus home instead of walk. She thought it best to check in a home before she went off on her own. Plus she wanted het pocket knife from her room.

Looking out the window on the bus she watched as colours and objects fly by. The bus stopped abruptly and she rammed into the hard, leather seat. Holding the bridge of her nose she felt for blood. "You alright Mary?" Called the bus driver. "Yes Mr.Coleman." She said seeing that the bus was in front of her house. She stood seeing someone stick out their foot to trip her. Mart slammed her foot down on theirs hearing them grunt in pain. "Sorry." She said sarcastically as she got off the bus, stopping when she saw a man in a dark cloak standing on her porch.

"Who are you?" Mary demanded him. "I am Jackson. I just moved in down the street. I stopped by here to say hello to your father. But when I came here, I heard things being knocked over, so I walked in-" she cut him off. "You went in my house?" She asked hiding the worry in her voice hoping he didn't go in her room. "Yes, but good this I did. Your father.. He had a heart attack." Jackson told her solemnly. Fear shook through Mary shaking her head in disbelief. "No.." She whispered. "I'm sorry.." Jackson said. "Is he alright?" She asked. "For now. I called the hospital and they took him to there. A few miles down the road." He told her calmly. "What do you mean for now?" She asked stalking closer. "He hasn't woken since I got here. Which was at noon." Jackson said looking down. Mary didn't know what to do. She pointed to his car "Leave." She ordered. He put his hands up in defeat. "I only came to ask if you wanted to go see him. I could drive you." He said starting to walk to him car. Mary waited, her back to him as he drove away. Mary slowly walked up her porch reaching for the knob of the door. The door creaked open as she stepped in seeing a picture of her and her father broken on the floor. That had been on her night stand in her room. {No..} she thought. "It can't be.." She whispered as she ran into her room her closet door open. She slowly walked to it seeing her chest open of all her bloodied cloths. A small box sitting in front of it. She slowly kneeled down to pick it up. "My box of people.." She whispered as she opened it. Scotts name the first on a piece of paper. She lifted it seeing a girls name. Clare. Mary sighed dropping the box. The papers falling out. Mary fell to her knees, sobbing into her hands. "Father.." She whispered. "Why did you come in here?" She asked to no one. She threw her head back and screamed.