Chapter 3:

Charlotte's POV:

"Come on Charlie we've been at this for at least 5 hours now!!!." Ashton has been complaining for the last hour to take a break, as dumb as Mr. Peter's makes him out to be, Ashton does know somewhat of what he's doing in biology.

"Just answer this last question and we can take a break." I chuckled, showing him the question and taking his sleepy, head off of my shoulder.

"What is this? We didn't learn this, it all looks like gibberish to me, I didn't sign up to learn no gibberish." Ashton started playing with the tips of his fingers, and biting his bright pink lips, then licking them leaving the perfect tint. I grab his soft hand, making him stop fidgeting, giving him a sincere smile,

"Come on, it's easy, you got this. All you have to do is name the type of acid that is in your stomach, which is?" I paused waiting for him to answer, his eyes lit up, and he screamed out,

"HYDROCHLORIC ACID!!! Alright, Ashton, come down." He started talking to himself and reassured his shirt that flung up into the air when he jumped out of his seat.

"Can we take a break now? I'm so bored, we've been studying FOREVER!!!"

"All right calm down there Irwin, you mean you don't want to keep studying? It's so much fun though." Sarcastically saying trying to get up from the couch, Ashton playfully pushed me back down, walking into the kitchen chuckling on his way there and back.

So Charlie, let's play a game." Ashton swiftly came back into the living room with two water bottles and sat right next to me on the couch, leaving no space between us.

-

Ashton's POV:

"Let's play 20 questions." I said, looking at Charlotte with a willing smile that hopefully she will say yes. It's been 5 months since we officially met, and I haven't realized until now, that I don't know anything about her.

"Yeah, let's play! It'll be fun!! I guess I don't really know that much about you except that you're Ashton Irwin, you play baseball, and you suck in biology." She teased.

"Hey, I don't suck in biology, let's just start the game." I poked her stomach, making her giggle, and murmur something in the lines of that she wanted me to stop, but I could tell she was having fun. Charlotte had a beautiful smile, I wonder why she didn't smile more often. I had caught myself staring into her eyes when she started to snap her hands in front of me.

"Oh, right, first question, what's your full name?" I breathed out giving a sense of endearment.

"Charlotte Riley Mason, I was named after my mother, her name was Amelia Charlotte." Charlie looked down to her phone which had buzzed a few seconds earlier.

I murmured out a few words, but she didn't hear me, I repeated myself and hopefully she won't take my word choice offensive, "Well where's your mother now?"

Charlotte's eyes started to tear up and she mumbled out a couple words, I can only make out a few, "She died when I was six years old, from Breast Cancer." At this point Charlie was in full blown tears, even at night, in the pitch black darkness, you can see the twinkle in her eyes and the piercing blue pouring out of her, leaving nothing, but makeup smeared cheeks and the quiet sobs of Charlie in my shoulder.

"Shh, it's okay, everything's going to be okay. You're okay, Charlotte, shh, I'm right here." I hummed in her ear making the tears stop and her to stop in her tracks and mumble some words.

"Ash, how is it that I have you with me? How is it that we are here right now, together? I never thought in a million years amongst all the stars in the skies that I would be lying here with someone like you, becoming friends, sharing laughs and cries with people that were never meant to cross roads, but they did." Charlie looked up at me, staring into my green tear-washed eyes and mine staring into her blue, then molding her head into my neck, with our bodies intertwined in a perfect knot, the most comfortable position I have ever been in, I could stay here forever. I lower my lips to her ear, covered in strands of auburn, and quietly whisper in her ear,

"I don't know what it was exactly, maybe Fate, but I wouldn't change a thing." And in that moment, we have never been closer, a bond is forming, has been forming. I'm scared of what will happen in the future, but that won't hold me back. My journey is just beginning, I'm not going to let anyone, anything, except Fate take the wheel on a ride of the unknown.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

N/A

FINALLY UPDATED WHOOP WHOOP!!!!

This is kinda a filler chapter and I know it's really short, I'm trying go make the chapters longer and I will, promise.

I LOVE ALL YOU GUYS AND THANK YOU FOR READING FATE

PLEASE VOTE FOLLOW AND LEAVE COMMENTS I REALLY WANT TO HEAR YOUR FEEDBACK

AND IDK WHY IM WRITING IN ALL CAPS BUT ILY