Chapter 3: Great Just Great

Picture of Maria and Paige together

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 3

I didn't understand. Why did I have to leave with Blake? Why was Paige letting me go with him? What the hell was going on?

"Lets go." Blake picked me up bridal style and I didn't object. Not yet anyway, my mind was too busy racing.

I really didn't know any of these people. Paige was only friends with me for the past 5 1/2 months, And Blake, for like 30 minutes. I was dragged through the diner by Blake, Paige, and Riley. Riley looked really worried. He also made note not to touch or even look at me.

" We have to hide her." Blake said pulling me into him protectively. I pushed me hands on his chest trying to push him away, but secretly I liked his proximity. I knew I shouldn't like it as much as I did.

I finally found my words. "What the hell is going on? I want to go home..." I mumbled. Blake growled and looked at Riley.

" Paige take her to your old house." Paige looked at Blake all wide eyed and quickly grabbed me. As I was being pulled out of Blake's grip he whispered to me...

" I'll explain later babe. " and pecked me on the cheek.

I was too shocked to respond. I just followed Paige. I felt my hair stand up on end when we got to the back of the diner and went outside.

I put on my breaks. " Paige take me home. What the HELL is going on? I don't even know him!" My hands flew up in the air.

Paige took a deep breath. " Just come with me and I'll explain everything, Promise." I battle this answer in my head. I trusted Paige a little, she so far has been like a big sister to me. But, I don't trust her completely. "Ok, fine." I said crossing my arms.

" Ok. Get in the truck." She said as a big black SUV pulled up, filled with 3 very drool worthy men. They were hot, or very ,very good looking.

None of them compared to Blake though, in size or looks. I hopped into the SUV and was squished between two men and Paige. I looked over at her and she looked worried but wiggled her eyebrows at me and I giggled. Both of the men talked to Paige in hushed tones then looked at me and bowed their heads slightly. What? That was weird. I shifted uncomfortably.

I finally spoke up. " Alright Paige, you've got some explaining to do." I said not so lightly. I needed answers.

She nodded and motioned to the back of the SUV. She slung her body over gracefully and I followed pursuit, not so gracefully. I ended up on my side on the floor board. Paige pointed and giggled, covering her mouth. Not funny. I scowled at her and straitened myself confidently.

"Go" I said

" Alright your going to think I'm crazy, and you probably will not believe me, so don't freak out." She paused. I looked at her waiting, unamused.

I had been through a lot worse. " Ok? Well were do I start? Ummm why don't you ask the questions."

She smiled slightly but she showed no mercy in her eyes. That's what I liked about her so much. That's why we are friends. I suddenly got anxious. Blake. Blake. Blake. I needed to know about him, why he just waltzed into my life 20 mins ago. Why I got tingles when he touched me, why he wanted me so bad. What was going on, why he had growled at Riley and why Riley ran off.

" Why is Blake so attracted to me and why am I to him? I don't even know him!" I looked at her, Paige just smiled widely.

" Okay, first off it would make since to tell you this." She stopped. She was debating with herself.

" We..." She motioned around her to everyone in the car.

" Are....werewolves." It took a second to click. I looked at her all crazily.

" Don't you pull my leg right now." But in my heart I knew she wasn't lying to me. That explained a lot, even if it was a lie.

She spoke again.

" And... Blake is our Alpha, and your his mate." She paused " Your our Luna, Maria."

All I could think was 'aww shit'. What have I gotten myself into?