Chapter 3

After arguing with Jake about going to get my phone alone for ten more minutes, Lacey finally jumped in to say she'd go with me.

Once Jake left I had forty-five minutes to get ready so I hurried and got to work.

A fifteen minute shower later I was doing my hair as Lacey put on my makeup. I opted for the flat iron since it would be faster than curling my naturally wavy hair.

With five minutes to spare Lacey and I left the room to head over to the campus center. While we walked my heels clicked against the pavement and Lacey followed behind, her converse making no noise at all.

The sun was still out in the distance once we arrived right on time. As soon as we opened the glass doors w were immediately surrounded by the loud voices of college students. The aromas from all the food stations wafted to our noses.

"Mmmmm. I'm lovin that smell of pizza right now" Lacey called out already walking towards the pizza shop.

The store was in the corner by the door and although it wasn't that big they definitely had customers.

I took a look around searching for Chase. Seeing that he was nowhere in sight I followed her onto the line. I ignored the looks coming from a group of guys eyeing me up and down, and walked closer to Lacey grabbing her hand.

"Why did you let me wear this again?" I whispered to her.

My dress was short and tight, hugging my body in places I wouldn't normally feel comfortable with. The back was cut out with just two red thick straps crisscrossing. The front was low enough to show cleavage but not enough for me to be called a slut. It only came up to my thigh and my red five inch heels did not help make the dress look longer. The clingy black fabric was soft to touch and I kept smoothing it down.

Lacey smacked my hand as I went to smooth the fabric down again "Because after what that skank Kelsey said, I know you want to show Jake that he doesn't need to sleep around. Especially since you look so hot, and you definitely look hot.

I blushed at her response. I never really thought I looked hot or sexy per say but tonight... Well I definitely felt it.

As we continued forward on the line I clicked my heels together earning a response from someone next to me.

"While the shoes are red I don't think you'll get home by clicking them."

I turned my head away from Lacey and saw Chase walking towards me. I had to make a conscious effort not to gape at him but I couldn't help but stare. Even though he was wearing the same plain shirt and black jeans from earlier he looked more dangerous. Maybe it was because he opted out of wearing his gray hoodie and was carrying a leather jacket slung over his shoulder. I stopped ogling when I heard a gasp from Lacey letting me know that she definitely noticed Chase.

I laughed at what he said thankful that I didn't stare too long. I walked out of the line since I wasn't the one buying food. I went the short distance to him and stuck out my hand palm up indicating for him to hand over my phone. Instead he high-fived me and laughed. His melodious laugh was infectious and I couldn't stop myself from joining him. I rolled my eyes but laughed.

Lacey, pizza in hand, walked towards us looking back and forth between us a couple of times.

"What did I miss?" She sighed.

"Nothing" I laughed again. I stuck my hand out towards Chase again but this time he took it in his smiling.

"Hi my name is Destiny nice to meet you" I joked shaking his hand. "This is my roommate La-"

"And best friend!" Lacey interjected.

"Yeah roommate and best friend Lacey. Lacey this is..." I paused pretending to not know his name, despite the fact that he told me it less than an hour ago.