Chapter 5

A/N: I uploaded two chapters today because I won't be able to access a computer in the next week. So hopefully this will keep you busy and happy until I come back.

Chapter 5                                                                                                                   

I knocked on the door and slid my hands into my pockets, waiting. The door opened and Jeremy stood there smiling with nothing, but a pair of shorts on. It was only two weeks since I had last saw him and his body looked more defined than before! I blushed hard when he caught me staring and smirked.

"Come on in bright cheeks." He shut the door behind me once I stepped in, lead me into the kitchen and opened the fridge grabbing two water bottles and placing them into a backpack that was resting on the counter. I stared at him confused as he began packing more food into the backpack in pairs until he looked up at me.

"Oh, did I forget to tell you, were going hiking," he said placing his palms onto the counter and smiling. I raised an eyebrow and looked down at my flip flops and capris.

"Yeah, I think you did."

"Oh, okay," Jeremy said thinking for a moment, "do you still want to go?" he asked.

I stared at him and sighed. "How long is it?"

"About six miles."

I scratched my head and blew out air, "You know you're killing me right? You're really hard to say no to," I stared at him, concentrating on a little scar he had on his upper cheek. I thought for a moment and answered. “Okay," I sighed and made my way back to his front door. I would have to go home and change because I was pretty sure flip flops weren't made for rugged terrain.

“Cool, so do you like peanut butter sandwiches?" Jeremy called out.

"I don’t want to do this anymore!" I exclaimed from behind Jeremy. He turned and glanced down at me with a smirk playing on his lips. The hike was much steeper than I anticipated and my body was screaming.

"Do you want to take another break?" Jeremy asked moving out of the way as a pair of hikers made their way down, they were almost sprinting, maybe because gravity was pushing them down. One of them, middle aged women, looked at me and gave me a small smile.

"Don't worry honey, you're almost to the top," she said as they passed by.

"Yeah, come on Casey, were almost there, only another twenty minutes or so," Jeremy told me, I sighed and tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

"Twenty minutes is not close to me," I told him breathlessly, "this is nuts, I feel like I'm hiking Mt. Everest."

Jeremy shook his head and smiled, "we've been hiking for two hours, so twenty minutes is pretty close Casey," he pointed out. Another pair of hikers made their way past us, but this time they were teenagers. One of them turned to me and smiled, a guy around my age with blonde hair.

"You're almost there and the sight is almost as pretty as you are."

My heart almost skipped a beat as he brushed past me with his friend. I glanced at Jeremy who rolled his eyes and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Let’s go," I said pushing myself against my will. I kept up with Jeremy for about a full five minutes before I started to fall behind again.

"Hey," I called out to him. I was sweating profusely which couldn't have been a pretty sight. Jeremy turned around and stopped, waiting for me.