CHAPTER 3: KIRARI TRIES

HEY GUYS! I love YOU ALL THAT SUPPORT MY STORY! I am overwhelmed by all the support. I know that I’m kinda exaggerating a bit, but it’s thanks to you that I have the guts to even write stories online. I would like to thank those who voted and commented on my stories. May they be violent or a form of constructive criticism, it makes me a better writer, I think. HAHAHA! Anyway, as I’ve said, you inspire me, so I hope you continue reading them. Thank you very much.

Making a big deal about something is a bit complicated now that I think about it. First of all, the courageous speech I made in the library was amazing, but pondering through it, it’s much harder than I thought. And it seems that not all of them seem interested in helping me out with making flyers. It was my idea anyway, so good luck to me.

In the library that afternoon, I went through the flyers that I got to finish. They seem good enough. I’ll be able to post them tomorrow on the bulletin board. Miu came to my table.

“So, you plan on making that by yourself, eh? Hmmm. They look good.” she said to me with her usual chilly tone. Then she stared at me again.

“Uhm, thank you? Would you like to help?” I asked her

“I would love too, but I still have some things to finish.” she said then headed away from me, when Takuya caught her arm

“Ahem. Where do you think you’re going? I’m pretty sure that you’ve finished all of your homework, Ms. Over-achiever. Now come help us out.” he said to her. She looked at him then sighed a bit then apologized to me.

“Thanks for the help, Takuya. This will help a lot. I can’t wait to put these up.” I said with a shrill in my voice

“You’re welcome. It’s a bit refreshing to see somebody do something else rather than read. Well, except for her I guess.” he said while cutting out some colored-paper

“Now that I think about it, she really hasn’t been coming here lately. Must be pretty busy, since there are a few clubs with a bit of problems.” Fumino said, grabbing a pair of scissors and showing me a grin

“She? Who is this she?” I asked

“You’ve met her. She’s also a member of the club, but she’s barely here. You were lucky to even see her yesterday.” Takuya said

“Oh. Wait, is it Tomomi? She isn’t here. I have noticed that someone was missing.” I said

“You really shouldn’t be surprised. She’s actually the student council president. I bet right now, she’s practically running around the corridor.” Fumino said

Thinking about it, I remember the girl who welcomed all the freshmen during a conference. She has long, light brown hair and looked carefree when she gave her speech to us. She didn’t really exude the busy aura of an SC president. Hmmm. And to think that she’s a member of the book club, that’s pretty awesome.

Honestly, for my first day as a member, the others aren’t really that sociable. Well, except Takuya and Fumino. Takuya is nice and worries about how I’m managing myself in the club. Fumino, or Fuu-chan as she likes to be called is very sweet and seems to like talking. She asked me a few questions that I’m not sure the answers to and questions that didn’t even make sense. But it was very nice of her to talk to me. Miu is a different case I think. I bet she just doesn’t like talking. But she’s fine when you ask her a question. Tomomi is always busy, so I haven’t had the chance to talk to her. Maybe some other time. The other four, let’s just say, they’re a bit “complex”.

Kai, the guy who was “mean” to me yesterday still seems irritated by the fact that Takuya agreed to the “recruiting” thing. He still won’t look me in the eye. Daichi, the rather-fat guy, seems nice enough, but he’s too immersed in his reading…and eating. I thought that wasn’t allowed? Anyway, he smiles at me, which is a good sign that he could be a good friend. Setsuna, looks really cool. But I’m kinda scared of her. She looks at me weirdly, especially when I talk to Takuya and Miu. I wonder why? Sakura, on the other hand, is kinda weird. When I try to talk to her, she scurries away, like I scare her or something. Am I threatening?

Anyway, I’m sure I’ll get along with all of them, eventually. Now, for some flyers to be given out.

“I’m going out okay. I’ll be posting some of these on the bulletin boards.” I said to them, grabbing some flyers.

“I’m coming with you. That’s a lot of work. Sakura, wanna come?” Fumino said

I saw Sakura shake her head in condemnation. I do feel she doesn’t like me. Anyway, I was glad I can get help. We waved back at them and they gestured.

Fumino and I walked thru the halls, seeing Tomomi carrying a few boxes with her and smiling at us.

“She works really hard, doesn’t she?” I said

“Definitely. She may look like a slacker, but it’s just at times. She’s actually one of the most responsible people I’ve seen. You’re actually one of them.” she said, flashing me a smile

I felt my face turning red from the compliment she gave me. She laughed away.

“I d-don’t think I’m that hard a worker. I mean, I can’t even get these flyers to look good enough. Do you think they look to simple?”

“Are you crazy? We don’t even have this much drive to even post up flyers anymore. And they look amazing. If those idiots who take a look at this and ignore it, then that’s their problem. You really shouldn’t worry.” Fumino said to me, rubbing my back

“But that’s the thing. I don’t want them to ignore it. I want them to notice it, and think that joining will be satisfactory to them too. I just don’t want to lose all those books.” I said. I felt my voice crack

“I wouldn’t want that too, but remember that you tried your hardest, so you wouldn’t feel any regret in the end. But I think that’s it’s too early to say. Let’s post some flyers, shall we?”

________END OF CHAPTER__________

A/N: Sorry guys for the hiatus crap, but I really did take some time to think about concepts for the new novel I put in, so it kinda messed up the other stories I’m working at, but I’ll try my best to give you quality reads and as soon as possible. Anyway, THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO CHECKED THIS STORY OUT! Please continue to support it as well as my other stories.

Next chapter, we are meeting Kazuki! YEY! Please check him out, and promise, I wouldn’t take long it updating that. HAHAHA. Although school is starting soon, so… Oh well.

xoxo, SHURA27