Chapter 6

Picture on the side is of Craig and Mitchie. The song is 'Numb' by Linkin Park :D

---------------------------------------------------

Chapter 6

What felt like only minutes later I was woken up to an annoyingly loud, and excessive beeping that was hurting my fragile ears. I groaned when I realised it was my alarm clock. No I didn’t want to wake up!

But the noise was giving me a headache and so it had already effectively done its job. I groaned again and hit my alarm clock to shut it up before I sat up and stretched reluctantly.

“Oops,” I mumbled guiltily when I saw tiny metal pieces in the place where my alarm clock should have been. “I just unintentionally murdered my alarm clock…Oh well.”

Mental note: I am a strong werewolf now, so no more taking anger out on inanimate objects. But I didn’t feel any remorse as I slipped out of the bed and gathered the pieces to throw it in the trash. The piece of junk had made my dream fade away.

I sighed, reminiscing.

I had been dancing with a very handsome male in a moonlight clearing, soft harmony music playing in the background, intertwining with the soft cool breeze as it lingered around our twisting bodies. The only problem was that his face was a bit fuzzy, so I guess I couldn’t really call the dude handsome. All I could tell was that he was around the same height as Nick, well built, and that he had chocolate brown hair and the most amazing ocean blue eyes, with tiny green flecks around the middle…

That’s when it registered.

Only one man I knew had unbelievably beautiful ocean eyes.

Derek. I was dreaming of Derek Woods!

Okay breathe, calm down, it doesn’t mean anything. You are just attracted to the man, it doesn’t mean anything.

I mean who wouldn’t be attracted to him? What with his broad shoulders, kissable lips, hair that you just wanted to run your fingers through, and beautiful sparkling eyes that you just couldn’t help but to drown in…

I mentally scolded myself. I’m not attracted to him in any way. It’s just my teenage hormones that had probably enhanced because of me shifting into a wolf. But, how can I convince myself that when my wolf was howling at the mere mention of his name, and is now whimpering in delight at my mental pictures of him?

I went to my desk and checked the time on my mobile. Damn, only forty-five minutes till school starts. Great that didn’t give me long.

I rushed into my closet after I went into the bathroom, and put on a pair of black leggings, faded jean mini skirt, a black tank and a black leather jacket. I put on some grey Uggs before heading to my vanity dressing table. I sat down and brushed through my hair, deciding to leave my bangs out so it concealed most of my eyes. I put on some black eyeliner and a slick of clear lip gloss before getting up and grabbing my school bag, put in my purse, car keys and Blackberry and headed downstairs.

As I rushed down the stairs, I checked the clock that was hanging on the wall beside the staircase. Twenty minutes.

‘See Mitchie, this is what you get for freaking out over dreams that have no meaning.’

‘Yeah, well if it had no meaning then why the heck was our wolf howling?’

‘Maybe it was hungry?’

‘I said my wolf, not my stomach!’