'Getting to know you'

Harry, Ron, Hermione and Lyla sat in the three broomsticks, chatting away whilst holding butterbeers in their hands. Lyla was surprised that she had so much to talk about to these people and that she didn't feel awkward, as she had only met them a few days before. Whilst she had lived in the orphanage she had most definitely not been a people person, but whilst she was sitting there beside her brother and friends she felt nothing but happiness.

"Lyla, you haven't touched your butterbeer!" Hermione remarked, Lyla looked down at the bottle she held in her hand, it smelled delicious but he had never seen or tried anything like it before, she was used to water and was not sure whether she was ready to try something completely new. "I'll have it if you want." Ron chuckled as Hermione slapped his arm, "Ron, stop being so greedy!" She stated before sighing loudly. Harry turned around to face Lyla and smiled gently "I know it looks really weird but trust me, it's so nice. Just try it and if you don't like it thats fine." He said.

Lyla nodded and looked back down at the drink, she had no idea why she was so nervous. She brought the drink up to her lips before hesitantly taking a sip. Almost straight away Lyla felt her insides warm up as the hot liquid flowed down her throat, the sweet taste lingered in her mouth and this time, without hesitation, she gulped half of the bottle down. The whole table erupted in laughter as she finished the drink giggling.

"That was amazing!" She screamed in excitement after wiping her mouth that was covered in butterscotch throth. They carried on laughing for a while until their bellies hurt. Rons now red face leaned over to Hermiones ear and whispered something. Hermione looked at a1111Ron and nodded her head before saying "I need to go and urr...buy some new ink."

She then stood up and Ron followed, "yeah...me too." He said.

Lyla and Harry both began to stand before Hermione hurriedly spoke, sticking her hands out in a shaking motion, "oh no you can stay here, it's fine. Bye? Come on Ron." She then grabbed his arm and pulled him out of the pub.

Both with confused faces, Harry and Lyla placed themselves back down onto their seats, Harry began to stir his drink. "What was that all about?" Lyla questioned "are they together or something?"

Harry chuckled slightly, looking up from his drink to Lyla. "No, I don't think so, not that I know of anyway. Why?" He replied with a small smile.

Lyla shrugged her shoulders looking don't at her lap, "I dunno, it just seemed like it a bit."

This time Harry began to laugh properly, hiccuping slightly because of the butterbeer. Soon Lyla found herself joining in because the sight was just too funny to ignore. After their long laughing fit subsided Harry pulled Lyla into a tight hug "I'm so glad they found you." A huge grin appeared on Lylas face as she replied telling him that she too was over the moon that they had found her. "So" Harry started after they both pulled back "tell me some stuff about you, so I can get to know my sister."

Lyla giggled before replying "well trust me its all pretty boring having spent most of my life in a plain orphanage." Harry just shrugged before urging her to continue. "Well um I like to read, at the orphanage it was the only way to well get away from reality, the thing is though there weren't many books so I used to steal them from Miss Ellens office when she was sleeping. She was the head of the orphanage and was completely vile, so when she found out about it I was punished, lets just say, quite badly. I couldn't go into her office anymore so I just had to reread the books I had over and over again. if you asked me I could probably recite the whole of Pride and Prejudice with hesitation." She chuckled slightly. "I was a complete and utter loner in the muggle world. Everyone hated me and I think it was most probably because of the 'magic' I did without realising. Everyone noticed and thought I was weird. I have definitley the best knowledge and most experience in scrubbing floors, painting walls, dusting, mopping, sweeping, toliet cleaning and other chores so yeah."