Meeting Harry Potter

Harry sat in the common room with his two best friends Ron and Hermione, they had now been at school for a week and they had had no time to relax until now. Hermione was busy reading away about some sort of 'fascinating' spell whilst he and ron played a small game of exploding snaps. He felt very happy to be here once more, the summer had been very painful and boring with the Dursleys and to finally be back at Hogwarts with his two best friends was amazing. "Yes!" Ron exclaimed as he won yet another round, "You are just too good at this." Harry replied causing Ron to smile.

Harry turned away to stare into the fire, suddenly without warning Lupin appeared infront of him, screaming the three of them fell of the sofa in shock. "SHHH" whispered Lupin, looking around alarmed, "Lupin, what on earth are you doing here?" Asked Hermione in a suprised voice, "I need Harry, not much time to explain, sorry!" And with that Lupin grabbed Harry and pulled the invisability cloak on top of them. "Lupin!" Harry whispered as they began to walk out of the common room, "Whats happening?" Lupin looked towards him and replied in a hush, "Something very important, Dumbledore requests that he sees you." Already? Harry had only only been there for a whole week what could have happened? "Why?" Harry asked curiously, "Sorry Harry that is all I can say, Dumbledore would prefer you see it instead of me telling you." Harry was now more curious than ever, so when they reached the stone gargoyle protecting dumbledores office, Harry could not wait to see what Dumbledore had to show him.

"Sherbet Lemons." He said quickly, so that the stone opened, Harry soon found himself walking up the stairs and throwing off the cloak so that he could run. When he reached the entrance he pushed open the door without knocking and ran into the room. He was sure that in that second his heart leaped out of his chest and landed on the floor. Standing talking to dumbledore was a girl, not any girl but a girl who looked exactly identical to his mother but with his fathers eyes"Ahh Harry." Said Dumbledore as he realised the boy had arrived. The girl turned to face Harry and her mouth dropped open in suprise, she looked so shocked that she had turned paler then she usually was. They just stared at eachother for a moment before Harry mumbled, "Lyla?" Dumbledore nodded "Yes Harry, this is your twin sister Lyla, she is alive." Harrys heart was now beating so fast, he could not believe what he was seeing, she was meant to be dead.

He could see that his sister looked just as shocked as him, then suddenly, she began to cry. "I have..a brother?" She cried, covering her face in her hands, Harry stared at her for a few moments, until he could not hide it any longer. He walked towards her and pulled her into a large embrace. She hugged him back and Harry felt that he had never been happier in his life, his sister was alive, he did have family left. Dumbledore and Lupin smiled at the scene, it was one of the happiest they had seen in Hogwarts for a long time. "Now I hate to interrupt this warming scene, but it is almost dinner and Lyla will have to be sorted soon." "Sorted?" Lyla asked in a confused tone as she broke away from the hug.

"Sorting is when the sorted hat chooses what house you are in, Slytherin, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Griffindor." Harry replied smiling. "Which one are you in?" Lyla asked curiously, "Griffindor." Harry replied with an even bigger smile. "I hate to interrupt, but i thought I should introduce myself, hello Lyla my name is Remus Lupin, i was too a good friend of your parents. I am so glad to see you well." Lupin interrupted suddenly, Lyla looked towards him and waved, "Hi, nice to meet you." she replied. "Now Harry why don't you go and tell your friends about Lyla and I will get her prepared for the sorting." Said Dumbledore. Harry nodded, hugged Lyla once more and then rushed out of the room full of excitement.

"Now Lyla, here are some plain cloaks, put them on in the girls bathroom down the corridor and then meet me in the entrance hall down the big marble stairs." Lyla nodded and walked out of the office making her way to the bathroom.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So what did Lupin want!" Asked Hermione as soon as Harry entered the room, "Yeah, and why do you have that huge grin on your face?" Ron continued, Harry sat down between them, not sure exactly how he was going to tell them the great news. "You guys are never gonna believe this!" He replied looking at them both, "Try us." Ron said becoming more eager to hear about what had happened. "Well um you know before my parents died I had a twin sister called Lyla who was killed also." Harry asked as they both nodded, "Well.. shes alive! Dumbledore found her today, she didn't die! She was in a muggle orphanage for 14 years!" Hermione gasped and Ron began to laugh, "Yeah thats funny but its kinda bad to make jokes about the dead especially if you knew them!" Ron chuckled. "Ronald! Can't you see that Harry is telling the truth, carry on, ignore him and tell me what happened!" cried Hermione and so as they got up to walk to dinner, Harry told them about everything he knew. How she looked exactly like his mother but had his fathers eyes and how she recognised him and cried her eyes out because she had a brother.

The whole way through Hermione gasped and awwed and payed very close attention and in the end Ron was even convinced. They sat at the Griffindor table and waiting for Dumbledore to rise from his chair. When he did the whole room went silent so he could start his speech. "We have someone knew joining the school today, this is very rare as we do not usually except students halfway throught the year let alone students who are not first years, yet this girl is very special. Please be very welcoming to Lyla Potter!" The whole room turned their heads to look at Harry, stunned. He had a sister? They could not believe it and then they were staring back at the front of the great hall where a 14 year old ginger girl was sitting on a stall the sorting hat sitting on her head.

"Oh Harry shes gorgeous!" Hermione swooned, "Wow." was all that Ron managed to say before the sorting hat began to speak. "Well you are very brave and would be a good griffindor yes though I get the feeling you do not belong to that house as much as your brother does, you would most definitely not fit into slytherin, Hufflepuff is a possibilty as you are extremely pretty and you could be a Ravenclaw as you are extremely smart and clever. Well its decided then, the house you belong to is...