Professor Dumbledore

Dumbledore sat patiently in his office, his face the same as always, happy and peacful. However inside he was feeling so confused and suprised that he was not sure if he could keep up his usual act for much longer. What he had just been informed seemed almost impossible, it had been fourteen years, fourteen years and yet nobody had known in the magical world until now. He had sent lupin straight away to recieve her from the muggle world and now in his head he was planning a speech that he would present to her, explaining what she really was and he wondered very much how she would react.

He had been waiting in his strange yet amazing office full of tones of collected items for a while now, yet Lupin was taking some time. He hadn't expected it to be done quickly yet waiting in slience made him more nervous than he had been in a long time. His head, covered in silvery long hair, was now filled with so many thoughts and speech ideas that he could not handle it. Slowly he stood up and strode over to one of the many shelves contained in his office, he picked out a large rock basin known as a pensive, then walked back over to his desk and sat down placing the pensive on its smooth wooden surface. Pointing his wand to his head he pulled out a long silvery memory or in this case thought and placed it into the rocky basin.

Sighing with relief Dumbledore strained his ears as he realised that footsteps could be heard approaching his office. He sat up straight, feeling more confident than before. Then suddenly the door flew open to reveal nothing, it was as if some sort of wind had burst the door open. Yet Dumbledore was not worried as he knew what had happened, Lupin appeared in the middle of the room pulling of Harrys invisablility cloak which Dumbledore had told Harry he had needed to borrow for an important situation. In Lupins arms was a young girl, the age of about 14, sleeping peacefully. Dumbledore exaimed this young girl, getting up out of his seat to take a better look at her. The information he had been given was most definitley correct, he could tell this as she was the splitting image of her mother.

"Put her down please Lupin." Dumbledore asked kindly, pointing towards a sofa he had just made appear with a flick of his wand. Lupin nodded and placed the girl down so she was now sleeping comfortably. "Did you do everything I asked?" Dumbledore continued, Lupin nodded once more. "Yes I did, the sleeping gas spell to collect the girl and then i modified everyones memory so that they will not remember her at all." Lupin turned around to face the girl, then looked down at the floor sadly, "She looks just like Lily, doesn't she." Lupin stated, Dumbledore walked forward so that he was standing by Lupins side. "Yes she does, and that is a good thing. We can definitley be sure that she is her mothers daughter." He replied. Lupin nodded again and looked towards Dumbedore so that their eyes were meeting, "And when will you tell Harry?" He asked curiously, Dumbledore smiled a small smile before answering this question,"As soon as we have explained to Lyla what has happened and shown her some memories to convince her, then we will also inform Siris that his other god child is indeed alive."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lyla woke up feeling that she had had the best sleep in years, she could not remember much at first, only the outline of a tall man walking towards her. As she opened her eyes, she did not recognise the room she was in at all. It was what looked like a very peculiar office, filled with many different objects and items, she was lying on a very comfortable red sofa and felt as if she could just fall back to sleep on it straight away. Then suddenly it all came back, the fight and the nice smelling gas. Now she was in an umfamilar room, had she been kidnapped!? She jumped off the sofa and looked around, standing in the corner of the room stood an extremely tall old man. He had long silvery hair and a beard to match, he was wearing a pale blue robe with a matching cloak. She had never seen anyone dressed like that before, not only had she been kidnapped, she had been kidnapped by a maniac!

"Ah, Lyla you are awake." Came his strong and powerful voice, Lyla ducked behind the sofa, hiding herself from the stranger. "How do you know my name!" She squeaked in a terrified voice, why her, why had she been kidnapped out of all the other girls at the orphanage! "Oh well you see Lyla, I was very good friends with your parents." Lylas heard skipped as she heard this, slowly and hesitantely she sat up to face the man, "Friends? My parents had no friends, otherwise I wouldn't have spent 14 years in that crummy orphanage!" With that the old man laughed and Lyla could not see why. "Well, no they didn't, not in the muggle world anyway." He replied, Muggle? What did that mean, this man was most certainly mad, making up words of his own.

"Muggle?" She asked uncertainly, the old man laughed once more and pointed towards the sofa, "My name is Professor Dumbledore, please Lyla sit down there is a lot I have to explain to you." Lyla did as she was told, this man did not seem dangerous, there was an air about him that told her he could be trusted, also he had said he was friends with her parents and she somehow believed him. "Lyla, all these years you have been lied to, not intentionally of course but just because the people you lived with did not know the truth. Your parents did not die in any sort of accident, they were murdered." Lyla gulped, was this true, she didn't know but something told her not to interrupt, she needed to listen to the whole story first. "All these years Lyla we thought that you had been murdered along with your parents by a man name Voldemort, he is or was a very powerful wizard, an evil wizard." He waited to see Lyla's reaction, but Lyla did not feel suprised for a very strange reason, she felt as if she had been waiting to have this converstaion for a long time.

"So.." She said slowly, "Magic exists? Is that why I can um, do strange things without meaning to." Dumbledore smiled greatly at this question before answering, "Yes Lyla, you took that information much much better than I thought you would, I am glad because this makes things much simpler." Lyla nodded, then Dumbledore began to continue "You see Lyla, we thought you were dead as when we came to the scene we could not find you anywhere, why we are still not sure. That scar on your wrist has been left by the damage that Voldemort created. We only found out that you were still alive earlier today because of the amount of magic you used." Lyla looked down at the floor in shame, was she here to get told off? "I'm sorry, I, I just got angry I didn't mean.." However Dumbledore interrupted her before she could finish, "Do not say sorry, without the magic you used, we would not have found you." At this Lyla smiled at Dumbledore, she had never felt happier. "Anyway as I was saying the ministry which is our government, can see when a young wizard or witch has been using magic out of school illegally. You used so much magic on this specific occasion that we found you. Now I was going to show you some memories to convince you but since you already seem to believe what I am telling you, it is not nessecary. Where you are at the moment is Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry, I am professor Dumbledore the headmaster. You have now got a place at this school, that is if you accept it of course."

Lylas smile now stretched from cheek to cheek, she jumped off the sofa and began to dance, "YES YES, THANKYOU THANKYOU, ANYWHERE BUT THAT STUPID ORPHANAGE." She screamed happily, at this Dumbledore laughed at the happy girl, then he began to speak once more. "Well don't get too excited yet, there is something else I must tell you, best saved for last."