Episode Six: The Parental Introduction

Howard and Bernadette start caring for their newborn and start learning how to be good parents. Amy asks Penny to make her look pretty to impress Sheldon. Raj comes over to Howard's place to see him and their month old baby.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The gang sat in their usual places in Leonard and Sheldon's Apartment, the only difference was there was a baby sleeping in a baby car seat/ carrier on the floor in between Bernadette at the left end of the couch and Howard in a wooden chair next to her. Bernadette was slowly rocking the seat as everyone else was eating. Everyone had their eyes on the baby while he was sleeping except for Sheldon who was focusing on his food.

" Awww!" Penny sighed.

" Little Joseph is so tiny. His fingers are like Spaghettoni noodles." Amy smiled.

" He looks a lot like you, Howard." Raj mentioned.

" Yeah, He's got my smokin good looks." Howard joked.

" He looks so cute while he sleeps." Leonard smiled.

" Yeah. Sometimes he snores while he sleeps. It sounds so funny." Bernadette smiled.

" Yeah, Sheldon all this baby talk. It kind of gets you thinking, doesn't it?" Amy asked Sheldon.

" No, not really." Sheldon looked back at his food.

" Who is excited about the new x-men movie?" Sheldon asked out of the blue. Everyone looked at him weirdly and went back to talking about the baby.

*****

Penny was alone in her apartment, Her movie was out and she looked online and realized it was a three star movie which is pretty good in her mind since she only has been in a Hemorrhoid commercial and a low paying movie Serial Apest 2: Monkey see, Monkey kill that was one star. All of the sudden there was a knock on her door. Penny got up and opened the door.

" Hi, Amy. What are you doing here?" Penny asked.

" I need your help." Amy told Penny.

" What is it?" Penny asked.

" Sheldon invited me to go with him to a party at his bosses place. All his workers are going to be there." Amy started.

" Yeah, Leonard told me about it." Penny smiled.

" Well, I've devised an experiment that I believe will increase Sheldon's feelings for me. I tried before but for only a very short time and it didn't work . But, I read article saying a sudden change in my appearance might do the trick."

" So I do what exactly?"

" Dress me up." Amy told her. " Make me look fancy. No hand-me-downs from my grandmother."

" Okay, so a makeover?" Penny needed clarification.

" Yeah."

" Do you really think that it would work? Sheldon is, well, Sheldon." Penny told her.

Well, there's only one way to find out. Plus, I want nothing slutty."

" Okay." Penny smiled.

" So where do we start?" Amy asked.

" Off to the store!" Penny picked up her purse and they walked out of the door.

*****

Bernadette was changing Joseph's diaper in the nursery.

" Oh, Joey. You got a big poopy. Yeah, you got poopy pants." Bernadette talked to Joseph as she changed his diaper. She then picked him up started rocking him back in forth slowly to get him to sleep. It was hard for her at first but then he finally got him to sleep. She then slowly put him in his crib and walked away. Once she left the room, Joey started crying and Bernadette ran back into the room to calm him down. She it took her another hour before she could get him to sleep again, she put Joseph in the crib again. She left the room quickly and clean up the living room (without vacuuming because that would wake up the baby). She then went back in the nursery and sat in the rocking chair while reading a book waiting for Joey to wake up.