Chapter 8

I feel like it has been forever, (it has been like maybe 5 days 😂) But I was ill this week which is why i did not update any of my stories this week. Im still ill tho but just a tiny bit better bc weekend ✌🏼✌🏼 (I have a free day on Mondays too) 

AND A THOUSAND READS SO FAST OMG LOVE YOU GUYS 😻😘

----------------------

RATHER nervous I was standing in the paddocks with Eliza. I spotted Christian Horner, Daniël Ricciardo and there are a lot of mechanics running around. I did not spot Max yet but Ricciardo told me that he was changing into his racing suit. So, I hoped he would be out any second. I did see his father but I felt unsure on whether to go to him or not. His mother was not here and his sister couldn't make it to the race as she had something to take care of at home. She was with him a couple days before the race but unfortunately had to fly back. My deep thought were interrupted by hands suddenly blocking my view, making me shriek. "Max!" I yell, embarrassed because once I can see again, everyone stares at us for a second before they continue what they were doing.

"I am glad you could make it!" Max enthusiastically says and I smile. He looks so god damn handsome in his race suit.
"I would not want to miss it," I tell him and he nods.

"I have to go talk about strategies and stuff you would not understand," Max says to me, an apologetic look on his face. "Good luck," I tell him making him stick a thumb up towards me. Max walks to his mechanics and you can hear them discussing.
Out of the blue I hear Eliza giggle, I quickly turn around. Only to notice her standing with Daniel Ricciardo. I slowly walk over to the both of them. Not wanting to interrupt Eliza her flirt time with Ricciardo but I know Daniel still has to talk to his mechanics too. I stand still next to Eliza. They both shut their mouths. "Right well, I should now really check with my team," Daniel mumbles and walks off, leaving me perplexed and Eliza giggling.

"What did I just walk into?" I ask her and Eliza shakes her head smiling. "Daniel and I making a bet," Eliza says her brown eyes sparkling. "A bet on what?" I ask her and she smirks, "how soon you and Max will have a relationship." I gasp at this. Slapping her arm loudly. "Eliza, what the hell?!" I exclaim and she starts laughing loudly. Her brown hair was pulled up in a ponytail and sweeping from the right to the left while she shook her head from laughter.

"You just had to be there to get it," she tries to explain it to me. I just nod and go along with it.
"But I think you will have it in a month, Ricciardo actually takes it will take you two months," Eliza tells me and I quirk one eyebrow up.

"Okay, we shall see if we even get a relationship," I state to her and she chuckles, "you guys will." Making me feel confused, I mean we kissed, twice but only went on one date and know each other for a few days. How can they already be so sure? I was not even sure, I liked him a lot that is all I know and for now it is enough. My thoughts get interrupted by Max.

"We are starting in a moment," Max tells me and I nod. We had been here since ten in the morning. Max had shown me and Eliza around, it has been so much fun but now it'll get nerve wrecking as Max is going to race.
"Alright, good luck," pulling him in a quick embrace, I was too shy to kiss him in front of everyone. "Thanks, have fun," Max says to me and Eliza with a smirk on his face. He steps into his car driving to the track. I am fiddling with my cap in my hands, getting more nervous as it is getting closer and closer.

Eliza and I were standing by Jos and it felt so awkward, we were all Dutch which made it easier to talk but the talking did not really happen. The race was about to start and all of us were nervous about it. The start was the most tricky, luckily we had a wide screen in front of us. They were now on the formation lap, he had Hamilton, Rosberg and Ricciardo for him. I hold my breath as I see the red lights, biting my lip nervously as it feels like it takes forever. And then they are off, I hear the cars, I smell the tires and I feel my heartbeat quicken. I hear a gasp next to me. And then a oh my god from Eliza, everything is going so fast.

Hamilton and Rosberg crashed. Max is driving second and Ricciardo is leading. I am nibbling on my lower lip. Trying to calm my nerves. He still has a whole race to drive and Raikkonen and Vettel are still there. Now it comes down to strategy, Jos looks so proud, emotional even. But also very focused on how his son is doing, what he can improve.

Later in the race Max takes the first place, I feel so happy. For him but also for me, I have cheered for him for quite some time and I feel so excited that he proves everything that he deserves the place he has gotten at red bull racing.

~

Max finishes first, he holds off Kimmi Raikkonen in the end making me smile from ear to ear. Eliza and I immediately start walking towards the podium, as Ricciardo and Max will be there. I have seen Lewis and Nico come back in. They looked very, very angry with each other but this is really good for Max. Getting first place. I am standing in the crowd of mechanics and people of the teams, Christian Horner was standing on my left side while Eliza was standing on my right. The rest around us were all Red Bull mechanics and such.

They called the top three drivers on the podium, one by one. Max was called last as he had won this race. He stepped on the podium and the team went wild, cheering him on and clapping. A smile was plastered on Max his face. I think this was one of the most special days I ever experienced and it was all because of Max.

After the podium ceremony Max and Ricciardo walk to us. I run straight to Max, going in for a hug but he has something else planned as he puts his hands on my cheeks and kisses me hard, I can feel him smile during it. I pull away, feeling awkward with everyone watching. Yes, his dad was also there.

"I am so proud of you son," Jos tells him and I see a tear glistening in his eye. This was an awesome day, oh and me and Max just went public, without us even dating.