Chapter Three Forgiving Jake.

My alarm clock rang and I groaned turning over in bed and sticking one arm out of the quilt I groped around for my alarm clock keeping my eyes closed, there was a muffled bang as I knocked it on to the carpet, I sighed and leant out of bed opening my eyes a little and finally turned it off. I flopped back down on my bed and closed my eyes again.

"You know that normaly means it's time to get up" A voice said from the corner.

I screamed and grabbed the clock, throwing it as hard as I could into the corner, I heard a dull thud and a "OW!".

"Jeez Lex, that hurt" The voice I now recognised as Embry whined.

"Are you trying to give me heart failure!" I demanded, clutching my chest "Why are you even up this early?".

"Couldn't sleep" He shrugged.

"So what? You thought you'd come bug me instead?"

"Yup.....and I want breakfast" He added with a grin.

"You are the biggest pain in the butt I know"

"Yeah and that's why you love me sooo.......breakfast?"

"Fine, just let me get dressed first".

I put the plate of pancakes on the table.

"Lex?" Embry said looking up at me from his seat "Have I ever told you that I love you?".

I laughed at him "You love me or my cooking?".

"Both" He grinned digging in to the pancakes.

After Embry had finally finished shoveling food down his throat we set off to school, Embry headed in the direction of Jake's house and I groaned.

"What's up?" He asked raising an eyebrow at me.

"I don't wanna walk with Jake today".

"But we always walk to school together" He said giving me a puzzled look, suddenly he grinned and wiggled his eyebrows at me "Or do you just want me all to yourself today?".

I burst out laughing at him "You are so big headed".

"So why don't you wanna walk with Jake?".

I explained to him what had happened the night before.

"Yeah, that was a bit of a douche thing to do" He agreed "but were still going to walk with him".

"Fine, but I'm not going to talk to him".

"Sure thing" 

"Your not really bothered are you?"

"Nope" He replied knocking on Jakes door.

A very tired looking Jake opened the door, hair a mess and school bag on his shoulder "Morning" He yawned.

"Wow you definitely didn't get your beauty sleep" Embry laughed.

Jake pulled a face at him and pushed him down the steps off the porch, I didn't say a word to him and we set off walking for Quill.

"So you guys do that paper for English?" Embry questioned.

Jake let out a groan "I forgot to finish it".

"Mines done" I piped up not looking at Jake.

We met Quill and I walked in front talking to Quill, I managed to avoid Jake all day at school but when I walked to the parking lot I just found Jake standing there.

"Where a Embry and Quill?" I asked.

"They've already set off".

                                                                  *Jakes POV*

Lex's face fell when I told her that there would just be the two of us walking home, I felt pang in my stomach, Lex had nevered looked at me like that before. She never said a word to me and just set off walking.

"Lex" I called catching her up "I'm sorry".

She didn't say anything.

"Lex......"

"For what?" She asked stopping abruptly and turning to me.

"What?"

"What are you sorry for? For just brushing me off? For ignoring me when I said bye? For leaving me to walk alone, in the dark to the grocery store? For leaving me to struggle home with all the shopping even though you promised me you'd come help me?" She reeled off hardly taking a breath.

"All of them" I replied.

"Yeah, well I'm not gonna let you off just like that" She huffed and started walking again.

"Pleaaase Lex, I'm really sorry, I should never let you walk on your own and I should have come and helped like I'd promised, I'm sorry, I came to your house to make sure you'd got home safe"

"What? When?".

"I took my Dad home and came to yours and I could see your bedroom ligh on, so I knew you were home then I went back and laid awake for ages debating whether to call you and appologise or wait until morning and I must've fallen asleep".

She stopped and looked up at me and I could see a the corners of her mouth twitchong up into a smile, and I smiled at her.

"Fine your forgiven but next time you'd better keep your promise" She told me pointing a warning finger at me "but please do me a favour" She said looking serious.

"What?"

"Make sure you go to bed early tonight, you really do need some beauty sleep" She laughed and set off running.