Chapter Two That Night.

Jake and I sat watching TV, Embry and Quil had left an hour earlier declaring that they were starving and I had no food in. I pointed out to them that there had been plenty before they decided to pay my kitchen a visit.

"Don't you need to go?" I asked Jake glancing at the clock.

He glanced at the clock too and groaned sitting up.

"Come with me" He begged.

"I don't think Charlie will want a house full on Bella's first night back" I laughed.

"Are you kidding me? Charlie loves you! He'll be happy to see you!"

"Fine, but you have to help me shop for more food afterwards" I told him.

"Deal" He told me happily jumping to his feet and dragging me on to mine.

We raced to Jakes house, Jake won as usual, I swear one day I will beat him. We burst through the front door and nearly ran straight into Billy "It's about time!" he said to Jake who went to fetch the truck keys, he turned and grinned at me "Hi Lex, you coming along too?".

"Yep" I answered grinning back.

Jake returned twirling the keys around his finger "Ready".

Ten minutes later we pulled into Charlies drive and Jake pipped the horn.

"I'll pretend I didn't see you driving Jake" Charlie called with a grin walking out of the front door.

"Gotta get around somehow" Billy replied.

Charlie laughed shaking his head and turned to me "Hey Lex, I didn't realise you were coming too, how you doing?".

"I'm good Charlie" I smiled "You don't mind do you?".

"Not at all, it'll be nice for Bella to have another girl around" Just then the front door opened "Speak of the devil, Bella you remember Billy Black don't you?".

"Yeah of course" She smiled walking down the porch steps, she was paler than I remembered, nearly as pale as me and thats saying something, "Your looking good".

"You too, I'm just glad your here, Charlie hasn't shut up talking about it since he found out" Billy grinned at Charlie who rolled his eyes.

"He's exagerating" He looked at Billy "I'll roll you in the mud".

"Not before I ram you in the ankle" Billy replied going after Charlie, they're like a pair of big kids when they're together.

"I'm Jake, we used to make mud pies when we were little" 

"Yeah I remember" Bella laughed.

"I'm Lex, I was the one that used to try and teach you to fish, under orders from Charlie I just wanna add".

"Yeah I remember that too" She laughed again.

"So, what do you think?" Charlie asked Bella slapping his hand on the truck.

"What?" Bella asked confused.

"Your home coming present, just bought it off Billy" 

"Seriously? Oh my god this is perfect"

"I rebuilt the engine" Jake said.

I cleared my throat pointedly.

"We rebuilt the engine"

Bella and Jake climbed into the truck and Jake started explaining how to start it.

"Do you guys wanna ride to school with me?" Bella asked.

"We go to school on the reservation" Jake told her.

"Oh yeah, that's too bad it would've been nice to know someone".

After we'd finished stuffing our faces with Billy's famous fish fry, Bella, Jake and I cleaned up in the kitchen while Billy and Charlie settled down to watch the game.

"So how's your Dad?" Bella asked me.

Jake stiffened up, you could've cut the tension with a knife.

 "He died three month ago, cancer" I replied.

"Oh my god, I am so sorry" Bella whispered horrorstruck.

"It's alright, you didn't know" I smiled at her.

We finished cleaning up and I glanced at the clock, the store would be closing in an hour and I really needed to get some food in "We're gonna have to go Jake" I said pointing at the clock.

"You go, I'll see you tomorrow" He replied not looking at me, he just kept watching Bella.

"I remember someone making a deal with me that they would come and help me with the groceries"

"Lex come on it's Bella's first day back".

"I don't mind" Bella said.

"No, it's fine" I answered, smiling at Bella "See you later Bella".

"Bye"

I turned and scowled at Jake "Bye".

He just grunted in response not really paying attention, I walked out of the kitchen, shouted bye to Billy and Charlie and set off walking in the dark to the grocery store.

I couldn't beleive Jake, he promised to come help me, now he left me to walk on my own, in the dark to the grocery store, and it would take me ages to get home witha all the shopping to carry.

I think I'll walk to school on my own tomorrow.