The Next Friday

Ship name ideas? I've heard Jolton, Caney, Coley and more, idk you guys decide.

Anyway, this is the last chapter and I want to thank you all so much because I never thought it would reach 200k, especially not a book this short! You guys are the best audience, you always comments lots and vote on every chapter and it means so much.

There won't be a sequel, so please don't ask. I just don't like doing them because I don't want to drag out their story to the point where it becomes bleak. I am writing a spin-off though, [it's in the external link, it's called Late Nights & Pillow Fights] [because I always have to pick overly cliche/sappy names] but it will be focused on Lane, not Janey & Colton, although they will make some appearances.

And don't be strangers guys:) I love talking to you guys and I promise i'm nice, you can drop a message on my board or talk to me on my ask, ask.fm/IziKing [i don't have twitter, sorry] I'll try my best to reply promptly!

much love,

Zee xx

~

"Hola." Colton greeted me, sliding into the desk next to me.

I gave him a smile before turning back to front.

The teacher walked in disorganized. "Sorry, give me a minute." He said, getting out his shuffled papers. "Read chapter 22 in the meantime."

I pulled out my history textbook and opened it to chapter 22.

The Reservation Stage

Yay.

I can read about how we completely destroyed the lives of the First Nations.

I felt a hand on my back and turned to Colton.

"What are you doing?"

He looked at me and I saw the twinkle of mischief in his eyes.

Uh oh.

Then I felt it, the pressure on my abdomen and I burst out laughing, falling off my desk in the process.

Mr. Everett turned around fuming. "Janey and Colton, detention today!"

I sobered up, getting back up as I nodded, apologizing profusely.

Colton didn't even look phased as he leaned over and whispered; "looks like you're stuck with me today."

I scowled. 'I hate you.' I mouthed.

He just winked at me, before turning back to his textbook which he was clearly not enjoying.

When he wasn't looking, I smiled to myself.

Being with Colton all day actually doesn't sound so bad.

~

Mr. Everett walked into detention, frowning at the fact that it was only the two of us here.

"Hmm...it's usually more full in detention..." He checked his papers and a shocked look came on his face as he turned to Colton and I. "Well I guess since it's just the two of you, I'll give you guys a project and when you finish, you can be on your way."

"A project?" Colton asked.

Mr. Everett nodded. "You two will need to paint two of walls in the new science classroom, it shouldn't take much more than one or two hours, when you're done, feel free to leave."

Painting a classroom?

Uh. I don't think so.

"Is there anything else we can do?" I asked. "An essay, homework, torture..?"