Chapter 11

I'm still updating this, but I'm going to be uploading a revised version, which is going to be a lot different from this. Mainly cause I was reading this over and I'm really hating how I had this turn out.

Alyssa opened her eyes slowly, sunlight peaking its way through the cracks in the wood that covered the windows. A grip that tightened on her hips caused her body to shift a bit so she was laying on the opposite side. The hands on her waist made their way towards her stomach before they remained there in a gentle grip. 

"Arthur..." Alyssa whispered softly, moving so she was on her back and against the man beside her. 

"I'm awake..." The deep voice of the Elder spoke up. 

"Are you now?" 

The Elder chuckled softly and removed his hands from Alyssa's body before sitting up. "Yes. I'm awake." 

Alyssa smiled a little then sat up as well and sighed. "It's early..." She spoke, rubbing her eyes. 

"We should head back to the Prydwen." Arthur stated, looking to Alyssa who gave him a glare. "No. We're not heading back yet." 

"Why? Alyssa, you're pregnant. You shouldn't be out here. You could get exposed to a lot of radiation or worse. I mean, you have to think about this baby."

Alyssa looked towards Arthur, a surprised look on her face. "I'm surprised you care this much." 

"Huh?" 

"I mean, you usually only care about the Commonwealths enemies. Raiders, Gunners, Synths, You know. The usual." 

Arthur shook his head and laughed a little. "I mean, if this baby is going to become Elder of the Brotherhood, then we have to be sure that it comes out healthy." 

Alyssa gave a small laugh before shaking her head. "This baby isn't going anywhere near your position till it's old enough. That means like...mid twenties at least." 

Arthur grabbed hold of Alyssa's chin, gently. He made her look up at him, their eyes looking back into eachothers. "You really think I'm not going to last that long, do you?" 

Alyssa giggled before placing a hand on Arthur's cheek. "Nope. Not at all. Especially with all the fighting you get into." She stated. 

Arthur laughed softly before kissing her lips gently. She returned his kiss and the two soon engaged in a loving kiss and embrace, there arms wrapped around one another. A knock on the door is what spread them apart. Alyssa got up first, grabbing her vault suit from the floor and slipping into it. She looked back at Arthur before making her way out of the bedroom. Arthur was second to climb out of bed. He grabbed his pants and slipped them on before following after Alyssa. 

"Danse, you're...back." Alyssa's could be heard. 

The Elder walked into the living room before looking to Alyssa, who was wrapped around Danse. Danse was holding onto her gently and rubbing her back. Behind Danse stood MacCready, who gave Arthur a glare. 

Danse let Alyssa go then looked to Arthur. He released a sigh then looked to the ground. "Yeah, ah...I'll catch up with you." He spoke, turning his back towards the two then starting down the road towards Red Rocket. MacCready stood there, looking at Alyssa and Arthur. 

"I'm guessing you went after him?" Alyssa gave MacCready a smile before throwing her arms around his neck and hugging him gently. 

MacCready returned the hug before speaking. "You should go talk to him. He said some things to me that you need to hear." 

Alyssa pulled back from the hug and gave a nod before turning towards Arthur and giving a wave. "I'll be back later. Don't worry. I'll be careful."