Chapter 2

The flight to the Citadel in D.C took forever, but surely enough, they go there. The two climbed out of the cramped Vertibird onto solid ground before grabbing their bags. Maxson nodded at Alyssa before giving a small smile. "It's going to be fine." He spoke,  starting up the steps to the Citadel. 

"Elder Maxson?" A voice spoke, a  Power suited figure heading in their direction. 

"Lyons?" Maxson spoke, placing his bags down beside him. 

The solider made it to them before removing the helmet. "Dad...is dead. So it's just me." 

"Sarah. Oh my god. I didn't think I would see you again." Maxson spoke, hugging the female tightly. 

The female laughed a bit before returning the hug. She glanced at Alyssa before smiling a bit. "Who's this?" 

"Um, Sarah, this is...my wife. Alyssa." 

Alyssa glanced at Maxson before giving a small smile at Sarah and extending her hand. "Nice to meet you." Alyssa spoke. 

"Is she part of the Brotherhood." 

"Rank of Sentinel, may I say."

"How long ago did you join up?" 

"About a month ago." 

"A month? How's that possible."

"Lyons, let me just say that this girl right here has some serious powers. She was able to take out the Institute. She got into the Institute." Maxson spoke up, giving a smile. 

"Who ranked her up?" 

"My former...Second in command, Paladin Danse ranked her as a Knight originally, but...some complications happened and Paladin Danse was kicked off the team. I gave her his spot as Paladin and she soon showed her worth to me and the Brotherhood as a Sentinel. "

"Well, then. Clearly she's a great asset to the Brotherhood as well as your wife." 

"How is everyone? Are you the high Elder or-" 

"Elder...McNamara saw himself as the Elder or the Citadel and forced me to resign my position if I was to stay here."

Maxson sighed. "I always hated that...asshole." 

"Who is McNamara?" Alyssa spoke, glancing at Maxson. 

"Let's just say he became a Elder at 16 and tormented me whenever he would come and visit the Citadel because I was never an Elder till I was 20. Even though I had been related to very high ranking Elders in the past." 

"Sounds like an ass." 

"Trust me, he is. And now here we are, 5 years later and he's still going to torment me." 

"Maxson, I'm sure you'll be fine."

"Just...don't let him try anything. He always was a perverted son of a bitch." 

"Don't worry." 

"I'll lead you two to a room where you can place your things and get settled in. I think you'll like the new changes we put in."

Maxson gave Sarah a smile before picking up his bags and following her. Alyssa sighed a bit and followed behind the two of them, glancing back as the Vertibird took off.

-

-

-

"Who do we have here?" A young male spoke, walking up to the two as they entered through the gates. "Is that-? No, it can't be. Arthur Maxson. Long time no see, huh buddy? And who's this lovely gal?"