Not what was expected chapter 5

Life couldn’t be fair though could it? Just as I was about to exit out the double doors signalling my freedom someone thought it would be a positively great idea to come up behind me and pull me backwards, causing me to stumble backwards into a hard firm chest. Looking up I saw... the most piercing bright blue eyes on a sandy blonde haired boy.

“Herery! What the hell? You scared me! What was that for anyway?”

“I dunno, you just happened to be in front of me so I thought I’d have a bit of fun with you,” he said with an award winning smile on his face. I started walking away from him out the doors and towards the front gate with him following behind me.

“So you just come up behind someone you barely know and started picking on them? Aren’t you a nice person? And what would you have done if it wasn’t me?”

“I’m sorry Cammie but I don’t think you can really be missed since you’ve started wearing baggy shirts and your hair almost identical to when I first saw you.”

“I do NOT have bed hair right now, how dare you say that!”

“Okay... maybe not as bad but still. Anyway the real reason I pulled you back was I was wondering if you wanted to come kick a ball around cause you don’t really look like you fit in with your ‘friends’”

“I would like to point out I fit in great with my mates thank you very much, and sure I’ll come kick a ball round. Mind if I go home and get changed first though?”

“Sure, I was gonna swing by my place anyway. Want a lift instead of walking?”

“Okay... sure, thanks.” I followed him to his black 2002 Toyota Hilux. I really expected you to be more of a 1992 Ford F150 or a 2000 Holden Berlina VTII type guy.”

“Oh really, doubting my stylishness and manliness are you?”

“Of course not, you’re the epitome of stylishness and manliness right there Henery!”

“And wait... you know about cars?”

“Henery, you do realise that just because I’m a girl doesn’t mean that I wear pink, dress up and parade around in heels. I’m not that girl. So who’s gonna be at the park?”

“I’ll try to remember that... And you know just the guys, Jack, Scott, Jacob, Alex and I,” he said smiling.

We sat in silence for a while as I thought about how to respond to that. Alex was going to be there... what would happen? “Wait, you mean that over popular group of people who were there when I had fun with my little stunt?”

“Yeah... that... Um, question?”

“Um... okay?”

“Why did you do that?”

“Do what?”

“You know what I mean Cammie, don’t play with me,” he said looking at me with a serious place.

“So you’re just going to uninvite me from going to the park with you guys to play football? No fair!”

“That’s not what I meant. Okay, if the only way I can get this through to you is to say it out loud... Why did you go to Alex on the first day of school and start trying to make out with him.”

“Um, he started making out with me too, and just because I could... do you have a problem with that?”

“Of course not Cammie, why would you think that?” he said stumbling over his words a slight blush creeping up on his cheeks.

“I was just checking... ‘Cause you’re not my type.” Just as the last syllable passed my lips we pulled up outside our houses. “I’ll be back in about 5-10 minutes, ‘kay?”