Not what was expected chapter 4

The first thing I noticed when I walked into the courtyard was Liz rushing straight at me.

“What’s wrong?” I asked worried.

“Have you heard what’s being said about you?”

“I’ve heard a few things but, me being the target, I haven’t heard much. Why?”

“Would you believe that some people think you to talked last night and that he asked you out?”

“Really?” Well some of that was true but she didn’t need to know that or at least not yet.

“Yea, crazy huh.”

“Absolutely.”                                                        

We headed over to the English Courtyard and I spent the rest of break time looking like I was listening when I was really thinking about what I was going to do about all of these courses. I was meant to be trying out for the woman’s football team soon and I didn’t know if I could do it with all of these advanced placements, but I wasn’t going to give up just yet.

                Trying to concentrate on homework later that night I couldn’t even do simple calculus. I mean how hard is it to figure out the gradient of f (x) = 0.5x4 + 3x – 6 when x = 2? I pushed my desk chair back and stood up pulling on some trainers, it was time to go for a run. “Jerr, I’m going for a run, please don’t burn down the house or break something while I’m gone,” I said as I stuck my head into his room.

“Whatever,” he said, annoyed that I’d interrupted his game of COD.

“When I get back I’ll thrash you ae?”

“Whatever...”

“Okay, be back in a bit. See ya.”

“See ya.”

I’d beaten my brother several times, and completed several hours of homework last night, no wonder I was tired this morning I thought. I dragged myself down the stairs, lugging my bag stuffed with my text bags on my shoulder. “See you tonight bro, I’ll make you nuggets and chips... sound like a deal?”

“Sweet!”

The day couldn’t have gone any slower and it was only 3rd period. Hoping I had a nice art teacher like the one I had at my old school. Stepping cautiously into the room and I knew I would love art. The classroom had artwork covering every inch of the walls, proper artists’ desks, and the teacher putting up the last few pieces before turning towards the class.

“Hello everyone, it’s great to see lots of old faces coming back, as I said yesterday. Today we are going to be focusing on the artist Van Gogh; each one of you has a piece in front of you explaining a little bit about his style. Once you have finished reading come up the front and collect your supplies, and start on your imitation of Vase with 12 Sunflowers. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask.”

I skimmed over the sheet of paper before I trotted up to the front of the class. Collecting my things I heard an “excuse me” from behind.

Giving a little jump, startled, I stepped aside.“Oh, sorry,” I mumbled.  I would recognise that voice anywhere.

“Being pashing any guys other guys up lately?”

“Only you, feel special much?”

“Hardly.”