Not what was expected chapter 2

Dedicated to ArtIsMyWeapon because she just about begged me to post again love you bestie

It was Monday the first day of the new school year. I dressed in the first clothes I could find which happened to be a pair of plain blue bootleg jeans and a tight fitting green shirt, it wasn’t great but it would have to do especially since Mum wanted me to try and ‘fit in’ this time. Tugging on some black converse and grabbing an apple, I slung my bag over my shoulder before heading out the door. I grudgingly walked to school looking around at all the students running up to each other, the girls squealing while the guys did the “bro hug”. I meandered through the mostly empty corridors before finally finding the office to collect my timetable the joys of starting part way through the term.  I looked down at my timetable noticing that half of the classes were advanced and the rest were top string, oh the joys of being smart.

The bell rung signalling home room as I walked out the door, the corridor was instantly flooded with students, great I had to try and find my way through this I thought.  I trudged down to C7 opening the door shyly, quickly shutting it and hurrying to a seat at the back of the class. I sat there silently while there were murmurs around the classroom about their weekends, and the killer parties that they went to. When the bell rang I got up in a hurry rushing out the door and down the corridor trying not to be swarmed. I rushed into my English class and headed for the back again.

                There was a girl sitting in the back the reminded me a lot of myself. The person I use to be and still are but don’t express. I weakly smiled at her and sat down. The class quickly filed in and the teacher called the class to order. The class quickly went quiet and all attention was focused to the front. Once the teacher finished calling the roll she stood up saying, “today we have a new student, Cameron, would you like to stand up and introduce yourself?”

“Not really,” I mumbled under my breath before standing up. “Um... hi, I’m Cammie and I moved here a few days ago as Mrs Isherwood said and um... yeah.” I smiled awkwardly and sat down grimacing. This was going to be one loooooong day. After sitting through the lesson where I didn’t understand a word, although that may have been because I couldn’t be bothered to listen, the bell finally rang. Yes! I mentally cheered. I stood up collecting my books. The girl sitting to me introduced herself.

“Hi, I’m Liz.”

“Cammie.”

“Nice to meet you. You know most people would just bum me off for being Goth. You aren’t one of the normal ones are you?”

“If you mean normal as in cheerleader and wanting to be popular and all that then defiantly no. I think you’ll find I’ll have a lot in common with you actually.”

“Awesome, what do you have next?”

“History, you?”

“Same. D5?”

“D4.”

“I’ll walk with you. Do you want to meet up with me and my mates? I’m sure you’ll fit in fine with us. But you might just want to ignore the comments on your clothes.”

“Ah, yea. Not the kind of style I’m use to either.”

“I’ll take that as a yes. I’ll meet you outside your class.”

“Ok, see you.”

                That was much easier than I thought. I quickly rushed into the class pausing for a second at the door. I stepped into the class room instantly noticing no seats at the back.  I accepted I would have to find somewhere else. Spotting a seat on the other side of the room by a window, I made my way across the room. A few whistles came from boys in the middle of the room. I wasn’t use to all the attention and it was very embarrassing. I hurried to my seat, feeling my face starting to flush with colour. I wished for the class to be over. The second the bell rang I was out of my seat heading for the door.

“Cameron,” Mr Kataz said. “Can I see you for a moment please?”

Dammit so much for a quick escape. “Of course Mr Kataz.” I stopped beside his desk. “What did you want to talk to me about?”

“I wanted to see how you were finding the level of work since you were coming from a different area and all.”

“It’s perfectly fine. Thank you for your concern.”

“Just come and talk to me if you have any queries.”

“I will,” I called heading to the door.

                I came out of the classroom expecting Liz to have left. But there she was right where she said she would be.  “Sorry for being late. Mr Kataz wanted to talk to me.”

“No problem I just got out. Come with me I’ll introduce you to my friends.” I followed her out to a tree in the English courtyard.  “Hi, everyone this is Cammie.”

“Hi,” everyone mumbled before turning back to their conversations.

“Don’t be offended they just don’t know you. It takes them a little longer to accept someone for them.”

“Isn’t there some way that I can get noticed?”

“Sure, you could go up to one of the popular guys and start hooking up with them; or slapping one of the cheerleaders. That would sure get them going. We sure enjoy annoying them. Not that I would expect you to do that.”

“Oh,” I mumbled as she turned away to her other friends. I stood there feeling like an outsider. That I could never belong here like I did at my old school. I had Phys Ed next maybe I could look out for some of the more popular guys, because I didn’t really feel like getting into a cat fight with one of the cheerleaders. I really wanted to be accepted by these people. They were the only ones that would accept me for who I really was. Not who I could be. The bell rang and I organised to meet up with them here at lunch.

I headed off to Phys Ed trying to act positive. I got ready and stood there with the other students in my class. I was glad to see that none of them were the girly girls who would be the popular ones. While playing touch outside I scouted out a guy who I thought would be perfect for my little stunt. I talked to Sandra one of the girls in my class and found out his name was Alex and he was, as it was, single. That was a bonus, no catty girlfriend to come after me later. I endured the rest of Phys Ed and completed music without too many mistakes. Seeing Liz on the way out with some of the group, I joined on the end of the group. Now just to find Alex and it would be all set. 

I know it’s still quite boring and all that but please bear with me... the next one should hopefully be better, what’s gonna happen with Alex? Haha. Don’t be afraid to comment/ vote and tell me what you think. Hugs for all. And knowing how I'm feeling at the moment I'll probably upload in the next few days (: