Chapter 3: Unexpected Interruption

I walked down the hall to the main hangar bay, where I got cut off before I got a chance to meet up with him. I walked across as a few Pelicans which were left trailing behind started to dock, their pilots looking shocked and scarred.

    We all were. 

    Up the stairs, I found a single hallway leading into the mess hall. That must have been where he went, he was always a heavy eater. I followed the hall down and peered into the window to try and spot him before making a scene. I saw him, and opened the door. Nobody looked at me, so I guess I really didn't have to look into the window. 

    I walked across the room and found him sitting alone at a table in the middle of the hall. 

    "Hey. Can you come with me for a second?" I asked him.

    "Sure. What do you need?"

    "Well, this sounds pretty funny, but according to the system you're now KIA."

    "Well...I'm still here. How do they explain that?"

    "Cortana said it was a glitch or something."

    "Who?"

    "Cortana. She's the AI here."

    "Did you say she?"

    "Don't even think about it."

     "Well come on...is she hot?"

    "SHE'S AN AI YOU DUMBASS!"

    "Challenge accepted."

    "Come on. Lets go."

    We left the hall with him still chowing down on his cheeseburger. All of a sudden, I felt a rumble. It must have been the engine. It happened again, but this one swayed my body. Maybe a midspace rift. Next thing I know, we both get knocked on our asses and the alarms start flaring.