long distance

THIRD PERSON

      (Y/N) set her laptop up and instantly pressed the answer button. Her boyfriend's face popped up and so did the smile on her face.

   "Hey you." She bit her lip to contain her smile. Dave looked up to his webcamera and the smile on his own face grew, his arms leaning against the desk.

   "Hey babe, how was your day?"

 (Y/N) sighed, shaking her head. "More assignments, more exam dates- more work."

Dave chuckled, rubbing his eye as he nodded in agreement. "Nothing different here."

   She groaned, throwing her head back in annoyance. "We should probably just drop out and move to a different country together."

  Dave smirked at her, eyebrows raised. "Oh, really?"

She nodded tiredly. "Yeah. Like- Italy. Or Amsterdam. Small house, random jobs- forget this dumb college thing."

  Dave sighed. "As lovely as Amsterdam sounds with you, we've made it this far. It's only right to finish it."

 "Plus, they have all my money." (Y/N) scoffed. Dave laughed, scratching his jaw as he watched her flicker her eyes around her room. Her dorm room, at her college which was 5 hours away. 5 hours too far.

   "Hey, Dave?"

 His attention was caught. "Yeah?"

   "Do you regret staying with me? With long distance?" (Y/N) asked sincerely. The question seemed crazy to Dave, his eyes going wide as he sat up straight.

  "Why in the hell would I regret that?"

 She sighed, shrugging. "I don't know, it's just- don't get me wrong, I love you so much. I just feel like you deserve something more than screen time once a day and visits on the weekends."

   "(Y/N), baby-" Dave spoke slowly, looking directly to her on the screen. "There is nothing I wouldn't give up to continuously be able to call you mine. You mean the world to me and something like distance is the last thing that would stop me."

  (Y/N blushed, hard, and wondered if he could tell.

 "I would even go as far as to say that it makes us stronger."

  (Y/N) furrowed her eyebrows at him, confused. "How?"

"Well," He began. "When we see each other, since it's not an all the time thing, we value it a little more. We take our time with each other and the things we do when we're together. I get excited for weekends and it always gives me something to look forward to when I've had a bad day. When I get to talk to you like I am now, or when I get to see you on the weekends."

   (Y/N)'s cheeks hurt from smiling as she began to shake her head slowly in disbelief. "Dave Hodgman, you have got me wrapped around your finger."

  "Oh, believe me." Dave shook his head. "You have me."

"What? No, no, no."

   Dave scoffed. "Yes, yes, yes. Why do you think I'm sitting here, talking to you and not working on a paper due tomorrow?"

   (Y/N)'s eyes widened, her jaw dropping. "Dave! You need to do your paper!"

 Dave whined, slumping in his chair. "But I wanna do you."

   She rolled her eyes. "5 hours away, hon'. Looks like all you have is the paper."

 Dave still made no move, pouting on his end of the call. (Y/N) sighed, knowing just how much it would take to get Dave to even attempt to work on that damned paper.

   "Hey-" She got his attention. "Finish the paper, and I'll promise something special this weekend."

 "Special? What do you-" Dave was confused, but soon the light bulb lit and a smile grew on his face. "Oh, that kind of special."

  (Y/N) nodded slowly.

 Dave began to bargain. "And what if I get an A on the paper?"

 She sighed, thinking for a moment. "Then you can make the surprise what ever you want."

     Dave's brain went wild at the thought of the idea, at all.

 "I better get writing then." Dave wiggled his eyebrows, sitting back up in his chair as he messed with a few things on his desk. (Y/N) rolled her eyes, but still kept her smile.

   "Alright, babe, I'll talk to you tomorrow."

 Dave nodded. "Yeah, we can discuss this surprise when I get an A on this paper."

     (Y/N) couldn't help but laugh even more. The two eventually said their goodbyes and (Y/N) even went to bed way too excited for this weekend.

A/N::

vv short and i can't believe how long it's been since i've written in this book lol. like 5% of the people who read my stuff read this haha

love you all so much, happy Spooky O'Brien month!