eh

PART 2 of (holy-)

  Y/N POV

We walked in to the small cafe for our Saturday date, more of a brunch thing.

The woman from the cash register brought us to our booth and set down the menus in front of us.

"Thank you." I nodded at her. She smiled and walked away after telling us our server would be with us "momentarily".

Dave searched his menu while I did the same, retching at the cheesy pancake clip art on it.

The click of high heels distracted me from my menu and caused my eyes to look next to our table.

Our server, I assumed, since she had a note pad out and was smiling at us. She was super pretty, her volumed brown hair framing her face.

"Hello, my name is Lacy and I'm here to take your drinks."

I looked to Dave, and he nodded at me. I ordered my drink and Dave followed.

"Okay. I'll be back with those." She sweetly smiled.

She walked away and I let out a breath.

"Oh my god, she was gorgeous." I dryly laughed. Dave shrugged.

"Eh. She was okay." He eased. My mouth dropped.

"Are you serious? I'd sell my soul directly to Satan to look like her." I gestured to her. Dave still didn't agree.

"Nothing much compared to you." He casually said, before putting his attention back to the menu.

"Not likely." I mumbled, staring at the menu. I heard the smack of his menu in the table and he leaned back in his booth.

"I'm serious. You're hair is a lot less poofy-er, which is great. And it's a nice natural color. You don't freak over it. And your eyes are this stunning color that I can't even describe. They're so mesmerizing, and striking. Even your lips are amazing. Not only do I think you'd be a good kisser, but they're just- this soft pink color. You also have the cutest nose ever." He talked on and on about my face, and as he continued, my face continued to grow the slight pink color.

He kept his eyes on me when he finished, but he seemed to snap out of a trance.

"Oh my god. I'm so- that was completely uncalled for. I'm literally too embarrassed to be here.." He trailed off, getting nervous. I smiled.

"No. No- that was sweet. I had no idea anyone would ever... think of me like that." I shrugged, looking down at my lap.

"What?" He sighed. "How can they not? You're... beautiful."

I smiled and looked up to him. "Thank you."

He nodded and went back to his menu. I thought back on the speech and one part caught my attention.

"So- my lips look like I'm a good kisser?"

His mouth dropped and he tried to laugh off the major blush.

"I mean- some might say... Yeah." He smiled.

  A huge smile broke on my face as I swung out of my seat and put my self next to him. His head snapped to me and I took the chance to put my lips on his.

He kissed me back, but I didn't let it get too far. We were in public after all.

I broke apart and stayed in his seat. His eyes fluttered open and he took a deep breath in.

"You know- maybe. I didn't really get a good trial. We could try again-" he tried to say, leaning in again. I put my finger to his lips and he stopped, looking down at it.

"Maybe later. But right now-" I trailed off.

"Pancakes or waffles?"