Chapter 5: Insanity Starts To Show

A/N: Do you hate me for taking so long? Apologizes if so. I've just been so busy lately that I didn't have time to work on this.

Clementine was staring at the ground, more angry than she's ever been before. She was angry at Kenny, angry at him for being a dumbass and blaming her for his fuckups. She was angry at herself for snapping at him but god damn did she enjoy it.

'Just breath Clem, just breath....' She tried to take a deep breath but couldn't. 'Fucking Kenny and his fucking bullshit!' Her thoughts raced on as she just stood there. Kenny on the other hand still had a look of shock on his face. The rest of the group just watched from the distance in shock and a little scared of what just happened. Mike breaks the silence, "Jesus......" "Agreed" says Bonnie.

Nobody moved or said anything for the next few minutes, until Sarah slowly makes her way over to Clem and grabs her arm. "C'mon Clem" she said quietly, "Let's go." Clem didn't hesitate to listen to her friend and they walked away from Kenny. Sarah pulled Clem over to the others only to hear Mike say, "We got no food, no water, it's getting damn cold, and we're loosing daylight fast." "Luke and Nick are still out there." Rebecca adds. "They'll make it back." Bonnie says. "We've waited long enough, we can't just keep sitting around. Things are difficult enough right now and soon you'll have a baby on your hands, too." "Then stop sitting around like an idiot and let's go look for them." Clem says while not taking her eye off the ground.

"Clementine's right." Rebecca chimes in, "After everything.... After all this. If there's any chance they're still alive, we need to take it." Jane suggests, "I'll go. Clem can come with me." "You sure that's a good idea?" Asks Mike. "It's better than leaving her here with Kenny." Mike looks over at Kenny and back to Jane. "True."

"Thank you." Jane glances at Kenny. "Listen. Rebecca. If anything goes wrong here.... You got something to protect yourself?" Rebecca pulls out the revolver she took from Carver's body. "I've got this. You don't think I'd need to....?" She says, indicating toward Kenny. "I don't know, but you better keep that close. Come on Clem." And with that Jane and Clem head off to find Luke and Nick.

They walked for a while in silence into the forest. Jane eventually broke the silence. "You should know that finding your friends, that's a shot in the dark." "Well fuck you then." Was Clem's response. "Why did you bring me out here then?" "I wanted to talk to you, away from them. You wouldn't have made it this far if you weren't smart, but still..... I just gotta warn you." They stop. "That group is cracking. I've seen it before. And, well.... a lotta times, it's better to be on your own." She starts walking again and Clem follows behind her. "I know you see what I'm talking about. You don't want to be here when they start....turning on each other. Turning on you. And frankly, they might with the condition you're in....." "Don't." "Sorry." "Bad stuff happens when you're alone too. There's nobody to watch your back, and when something does happen, nobody's there to help you." "How much help is Kenny going to be? What he's going through.... he's more of a liability than anything. I can only hope what you said back there gets to him." "I think it did." "And Rebecca's 'situation' is not making things better back there." "You've kept to yourself this whole time haven't you?" "Of course not.....but sometimes ya gotta learn the hard way. I'm trying to save you that trouble."

"For what it's worth, I like most of the people in your crew.... but, groups fall apart. People get killed." She says as they stop in front of a run down car. "You're a little late on saving me the trouble." "You've seen it happen already haven't you?" "Yeah.....I was in a group when the apocalypse started.....Kenny was in that group." "That explains how you know each other." "He was always arguing with another woman, Lilly, over everything." "What happened?" "We were trapped in a meat locker, and Lilly's dad had a heart attack, so Kenny said to kill him so he doesn't come back, and that's what he did." "Jesus...."