Chapter 4: Freedom

"Let's go...."

Clem and Sarah leave the building and to the others. Rebecca grabs Carver's revolver off his body and catches up to them.

Outside they see the whole building surrounded by walkers. "Man, we're never gonna make it through this." Says Nick. "You kidding me? If Clem can beat a man's face in, you can handle this." "Shit." Says Kenny. "I thought they were coming from the south." "They did....looks like we're in the eye of it now" states Rebecca. "Fuck...." Mike complains. "This is fucked." Luke hands Clem a hatchet. "Here, you're gonna need somethin'." Clem denies the hatchet. "I got it." She raises the crowbar. "Oh...right." Luke hands the hatchet to Kenny.

Everyone starts killing isolated walkers, cutting them open and covering themselves in walker guts. Clem hits one walker in the knee with the crowbar, causing it to fall and she beats its head with the crowbar. "You guys better hurry and get to smearing if you wanna live." Jane says while covering herself in walker guts. Clem opens up the walker's chest with the crowbar and covers herself with walker guts.
"We have to put that stuff on?" Asks Sarah. "Yes." Sarah takes a deep breath. "Alright, I'll do it." She covers herself in walker guts as well as everyone else. "We ain't got all day here, everybody ready? They're almost on us." Kenny says and turns around to see Troy walking outside.

"What in the actual fuck is going on out here?!" He says. "What is this sick shit? Someone say something before I start-" He sees Luke going for his gun and aims at him. "HEY, HEY, HEY, HEY! Don't you even fucking think about it motherfucker. I will end you! You hear me?!" 'Oh for the love of....' Clem grabs the crowbar and walks up behind Troy. She drives the end of the crowbar in his leg and he screams, falling to the ground. "That's for slapping me." She says as she pulls the crowbar out. "Little brat."

"Piece of shit. You're just like Carver, you don't care about others. All you care about....is yourself. Well just...... FUCK YOU!!!!!" Something snaps in Clem again and she beats Troy with the crowbar. The others watch in shock as she beats Troy the same way she beat Carver. Kenny snaps back to reality runs over and grabs Clem, pulling her away from Troy. "Let me go! I'll kill him! I'll fucking kill him!" She yells, struggling to get free of Kenny's grasp. "Clem! Calm down, we need to go, now." Clem takes a few deep breathes before calming down. "Okay. I'm good, let's go."

"Come on." Says Jane. "Don't make any noise, got it? They might hear something they don't like. And for fuck's sake, WALK. Act like you belong and you will belong." Kenny releases Clem and they all head into the herd. Clem follows behind Sarah and Carlos. "We got this, y'all." "Stay calm."

"Quiet, honey." Carlos says to Sarah. "I'm good dad...I'm good..." Sarah whispers, a little scared. "Clementine, come help me. Calm her down, please." Clem walks up to Sarah and goes to say something, but is cut off when a bullet from one of Carver's men shooting the herd hits Carlos in neck. He grabs his neck and stumbles forward, causing some of the walkers notice him and grab him, devouring him. Sarah stares in shock, whimpering a little.

Clem quickly covers her mouth. "Sarah, listen to me." She says quietly. "You have to keep quiet. You said you wanted to grow up, right? Well....keep yourself under control until we get through the herd. Okay?" Sarah has tears streaming down her cheeks at this point, but manages to give a small nod. Clem removes her hand, hoping she wouldn't scream. Other walkers notice the others and they start shooting, causing the herd to stir. "Oh god....oh god..." Sarah whimpers. "Sarah...." "I'm good......I think.....let's get out of here....." The two girls continue through the herd the best they can, but stop when they see the others. "Come on." Clem and Sarah run through the herd and find Sarita with her hand caught in a walker's mouth.

Clem kills the walker with her crowbar. "I'm dead Clem....I'm dead...." Sarita says, holding her bitten hand. "You need to keep calm, we'll cut it off later." "Cut it off?!" Kenny and Mike run up to them. "Sarita?" Kenny's eyes go wide when he sees the bite. "Oh god..." "We have to go guys!" Mike says as he kills a walker. "You're gonna be fine." Kenny says as he, Mike, and Sarita run through the herd. Clem and Sarah try to follow, but they get cut off by too many walkers. They hear Luke yell. "Let's go!" Clem spots him and Nick running through the herd when a stray bullet hits Nick's shoulder. The two girls head in the same direction when they get grabbed from behind. They struggle to get free until they hear Rebecca's voice. "Stop!"