08 :: Broken Bro Code

CHAPTER 8: Broken Bro Code

"Don't tell Louie."

The voice of that "one more girl left" echoed in my head, flashbacking to the night that we hooked up. "Don't tell Louie."

I intended to keep this secret from Lou, as per what the girl requested, until the time was right... or until I was ready to die. But with the current twist of events, that promise seemed as fragile - and as ready to be broken as a porcelain doll tipping over a ledge.

"Who?" Louie questioned.

I smiled nervously, trying to find the right words and courage to say them. You don't know how many times I've prayed for Louie not to find out about this. And now, I'm the one who has to tell him.

At my lack of a reply, Louie repeated his question, "Who? Trevor, who's the other girl?"

"Okay," I stalled. "First, I need you to promise that you won't get mad."

His eyebrows furrowed and it was getting obvious that he already had an idea who the other girl was. "Tell me."

"Promise first."

"Trevor!" he warned, his mood completely changing.

"Alright! It's Sage!" I blurted out.

At the mention of her name, Sage came rushing back to the dressing room. "What?" the actress asked, as she walked through the door. She eyed both me and Louie, completely clueless to the current situation.

"Sage?" Louie questioned, pointing at her.

"Yes!" I repLIED, digging myself into a ditch that I could probably just bury myself in at the moment.

"What about Sage?" Sage questioned, referring to herself in third person, in a very confused and panicked tone.

"You slept with him?" Louie asked her, pointing at me.

Her eyes bulged out of their sockets. "What?" Sage exclaimed. "No!"

Louie turned back to me, catching my lie, but I wasn't about to give up. "Yes, she did!" I contradicted. When Sage's eyes met with mine, I urged her to go along with it, but she didn't seem to catch my drift. She was just frantic as she turned back to Louie.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. I am so confused. I have never slept with Trevor," she murmured almost to herself. "What the hell is this about?"

God! It was so easy for her to go along with Louie's bullshit earlier; what the hell happened?

Louie chuckled but it wouldn't take a genius to know that he considered none of this funny. He didn't answer Sage's question, instead he turned to me. "Who's the other girl, Trev?"

"Other girl?" asked a completely oblivious and dazed Sage.

"Fess up, you fucking liar," Louie ordered, stalking closer and closer to me.

I backed away from him. "I think you already know," I said, trying to keep my voice steady. Hell, yes, I was scared! I haven't seen Louie that mad since the Golden State Warriors lost the NBA championships.

"Say it," he challenged. "Come on, I wanna hear it from you."

"I told you," I tried one more time. "It's Sage!"

"No, it's not me!" Sage cried. Oh, God! This would have been a lot easier if this blonde imp weren't here.

It came to a point that both of them were shouting at me. Sage, trying to clear up the fact that we never slept together; and Louie, trying to get me to confess my crimes against the bro code.